Raptor 660 Information > 660 General Discussion

Rebuilt Raptor Wont Stay Running

(1/2) > >>

tcoop212:
I rebuilt an 02 raptor 660, it runs for a while (20-30 seconds) and then dies. It seems that It is running out of gas, because before it dies it revs up  very high. I pulled the petock valve out of the tank and checked the filters, and they were clean, I opened up the carb and cleaned all the jets and stuff. It seems that right after I did this it was running longer. So maybe I need to do this again. Could it be the air mixture being off? When it is running it is rough sounding and backfires a lot (shooting flames). Thanks for any input.

Tristan

Peelz:
could be a problem with floats?

Krandall:
revving up REALLY high and dieing right away sounds like a symptom of an air leak, a very lean scenario

Peelz:

--- Quote from: Krandall on July 29, 2013, 11:01:07 AM ---revving up REALLY high and dieing right away sounds like a symptom of an air leak, a very lean scenario

--- End quote ---

oh oh.... well said Krandall.

on that note: check your intake boot for tight seal. 660's had issues with that. mine had zipties keeping it on. and make sure youre getting enough gas in both bowls.

tcoop212:
Im almost sure that it is just running out in the carb, after it revs up and dies it wont restart for a few minutes (until the carb fills back up??)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version