Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: How'd they do it??  (Read 803 times)

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
How'd they do it??
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »
I was at a motocross race the other day and noticed the 450's were on the ground, as far as being lowered. Instead of looking at how they did it I was more interested in my 200 other questions. So, can anyone tell me how motocross quads get low as well as handle and dont bottom out? Cause I get the feeling im gonna have to get a full suspension upgrade. My quad is low presently but on stock components for a 2007 yami 700. And I know it will bottom out. Ill take any info you can give me.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: How'd they do it??
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »
they start with smaller tires, usually 18" on the rear, then use long travel front  suspension, which allows a lower ride height, without losing travel. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:28:36 PM »
Yea at the track we spoke a lot oabout the 18in tires for the better cornering and great launching out of turns. But a long travel set up is gonna be expensive. Theres no way to tighten the suspension im currently working with to compensate with the loss in travel?

Offline 07lightning

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:41:56 PM »
nothing will be quite the same as a LT setup imo. i tried revalves then LT on my 450, no comparison.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »
I got a setup going should have some pics by the end of the week. Im gonna try them out at the GNCC race at Lafayette, TN this weekend. Let you know how it goes