Other Quads > YFZ Discussion

Need help from the pros, 06 YFZ450 shifter issue

<< < (2/2)

Peelz:
unsure. I would bet you have to pull it. and split it.  I would HOPE it is a lost pin or or clip or something that holds the shaft in... not something worse. like busted shaft or linkage

Dont know much about the yfz mano.

good luck.

invite us to next time you hit the dunes for 10 days.  lol

Hefe:
Yea. You're going to have to pull the motor and tear it down. Good time to freshen it up anyway. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Best of luck to ya.

Socal 700r:
Update: Got to it without pulling the motor, just remove the clutch and basket and a few lines connected to it to extract the other side. Ordered a new one hopefully it goes together smooth??? Will update upon completion. Did the cam mod and zip tie mod while it's apart as well.

One thing i did notice doing the cam mod is that when i spun the magnito to line up the TDC it wasn't right with sprockets? But i'm pretty sure it was because i replaced the old magnito with a new more powereful one for the HID's and never lined that up. But that was a while ago and it's run pretty good since that was installed. So i just referenced the dots located on the cam sprockets as being TDC and adjusted accordingly. Hopefully this thing works perfect when i'm done. Crossing my fingersXX.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version