Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Colorado trip  (Read 4704 times)

RaptorRandy

Re: Colorado trip
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »
Looks like a good time  :thumbs:

It sounds like your bike ran well at that altitude  8)

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
  • Street Cred: 11
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 08:02:57 PM »
He's a little sore, had to send him home with a big ol bottle of butt be numb.  What happens at Walden stays at Walden, lol.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
He actually really is sore between all the beer he drank all day and all the hillclimbs gone wrong and his buddies running him over with their quads :rofl:

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »
Looks like a good time  :thumbs:

It sounds like your bike ran well at that altitude  8)

It ran well enough to beat an 804 8)

I will eat my words and say that it did adjust for some elevation. Coming off my previous experience it was hard to say that it does.....ya know 8)
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »
He's a little sore, had to send him home with a big ol bottle of butt be numb.  What happens at Walden stays at Walden, lol.

LOL, its good to see that nebraskins are'nt the only ones that act that way....LOL.

Definately a fun group to ride with.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »
I know what you're saying on the last trip.  Your bike runs very good with the way it's setup.  Just think of the killer top end you can gain with a Dynatek and a set of duals of your choice.  On the other hand, is it worth it?  It's plenty strong now.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 08:16:41 PM »
I know what you're saying on the last trip.  Your bike runs very good with the way it's setup.  Just think of the killer top end you can gain with a Dynatek and a set of duals of your choice.  On the other hand, is it worth it?  It's plenty strong now.

I love the power band as it is now, and I am running out of things to do to it. So I think that I may add a custom dyna map and be done with it. I like the RE piston, but dont know if I want to spend the money when I already have a nice piston. I will probabally toss a set of rings in once a year and be done with it. Its already proven its self this year to be reliable so I better not start f'in with it. Although that hot rods +5 crank is lookin good. It would be nice to replace the crank bearings while doing that too. After seeing what happened to your bike the piece of mind would be worth it. I would have the crank reworked and trued to my build.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »
Yeah I shit myself when I felt how hammered that crank bearing was, no wonder I wasn't impressed with my throttle response, lol.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Yeah I shit myself when I felt how hammered that crank bearing was, no wonder I wasn't impressed with my throttle response, lol.

Other than it locking up is there anyother symptoms the bike gave you? Vibrations, knocks???? what happened to the motor, and why did it give?

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 08:34:49 PM »
Not a one, I rode it for awhile just putting around with the occassional bang through the gears and it felt fine.  We went to the hillclimbs and watched all the drunks doing crazy stuff and my bike cooled down during that period.  When I fired it back up and went back towards camp it died and didn't want to start cause the battery went dead.  When we pull started it I took off again and the throttle response was a little off, right after I noticed that it just made a high pitched noise and was all over but the crying :'(

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:24 PM »
Not a one, I rode it for awhile just putting around with the occassional bang through the gears and it felt fine.  We went to the hillclimbs and watched all the drunks doing crazy stuff and my bike cooled down during that period.  When I fired it back up and went back towards camp it died and didn't want to start cause the battery went dead.  When we pull started it I took off again and the throttle response was a little off, right after I noticed that it just made a high pitched noise and was all over but the crying :'(

I dont want to hear that! I'm sure that the compression is'nt helping, but could not have been the only reason.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
I looked at my crank right before I put it back together and thought it was getting more discolored than it was the last time I did the topend.  I didn't worry too much about it though and put it back together.  John at Racer's Edge and Kenny both think it was just timing that it went out and the added compression just helped push it along.  Kenny had only heard of one other one that did that and I'm not sure I've heard of any either so I'm sure it's not a common problem at all.

Offline Troy

• Bear Wrassler
  • Ninjas
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »
Also my motor has been rode hard since 06, it's been out every chance I could get to ride and it drag races and hill climbs most of that time without much of a break.  You said my quad has seen better days, it was the day before I bought it, lol.

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 08:53:58 PM »
I looked at my crank right before I put it back together and thought it was getting more discolored than it was the last time I did the topend.  I didn't worry too much about it though and put it back together.  John at Racer's Edge and Kenny both think it was just timing that it went out and the added compression just helped push it along.  Kenny had only heard of one other one that did that and I'm not sure I've heard of any either so I'm sure it's not a common problem at all.

I was talking to rocket facotry about a possible build and I told them that I wanted to keep it reliable as possible and they said that crank bearings are pretty rare. They said that that only happened to the wheelie kings, due to lack of oiling.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
 :clap: Congrats on the engagement Preddy. B..B..B..B....But what about the meth production? What will she think? :rofl:

Looks like some nice riding. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"