Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: xx6 2 1/4 vs. xx6 2.5  (Read 5471 times)

Offline broncofever

• Street Cred: 0
xx6 2 1/4 vs. xx6 2.5
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »
I have a all stock 09' 700 and I'm looking for an exhaust for it. I do 75% trails and 25% race/dunes. I plan to put a piston and cam in it later down the road. I want the xx6 2.5 big core pipe, but on the sparks site it said that it is a drag pipe only? Can I use this pipe for my needs? I dont care how loud it is. I like loud!!!! :thumbs: Will it have good power down low for the woods and when I race my boys I'll have top end? Or should I go with the xx6 2 1/4'' pipe? Anyone run the big core xx6? Hows the power in the trails? Hows the power racing? And how loud is it? And I will be running a FCI intake and the sparks efi controller. Would that be a good start for my bike?

Offline MO RAPTOR 700

Re: xx6 2 1/4 vs. xx6 2.5
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
I just purchased some Barker duals (inframe). Great looking exhaust, quality workmenship, and plan sounds badazz. You can purchase them from some of the site sponsors or directly from Barker himself. Dual's Rule  :thumbs: Here is his site: http://www.barkersexhaust.com/Yamaha-ATV/yamaha-raptor-700-exhausts.html 

Here is one of the site sponsors with the Big 3 package and options you can get with the choosing you duals:   
http://www.tqsatv.com/products.php?cat=25

Good luck
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange
Barker In frame Duals, TRF intake, PCV, 11:5.1 CP Tech Piston, HCIII Cam, Ported Head (TRF), KDS +3 TB, Dynatek Programmable Ign.
15 tooth front sprocket
HID Lighting
Pro-Armor nerf bars
A-Arms skid plates

Offline DL700

• Street Cred: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »
the xx6 2.5 is labeled as a DRAG only due to the ned cap being non removable and no option for a spark arrestor.....great pipe and i believe when i tested it that it made more torque down low then the duals did....its LOUD for sure
CUERVO RACING

Offline Buck

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
I have a all stock 09' 700 and I'm looking for an exhaust for it. I do 75% trails and 25% race/dunes. I plan to put a piston and cam in it later down the road. I want the xx6 2.5 big core pipe, but on the sparks site it said that it is a drag pipe only? Can I use this pipe for my needs? I dont care how loud it is. I like loud!!!! :thumbs: Will it have good power down low for the woods and when I race my boys I'll have top end? Or should I go with the xx6 2 1/4'' pipe? Anyone run the big core xx6? Hows the power in the trails? Hows the power racing? And how loud is it? And I will be running a FCI intake and the sparks efi controller. Would that be a good start for my bike?

Denver Bronco fan?

If I were u I would go with some duals, or the Sparks that allows for spark arrestors just in case. But the xx6 would more than work for your needs...u just run the risk of a ticket if u get checked for sparky somewhere its required
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Offline broncofever

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
the xx6 2.5 is labeled as a DRAG only due to the ned cap being non removable and no option for a spark arrestor.....great pipe and i believe when i tested it that it made more torque down low then the duals did....its LOUD for sure
Thanks for the info. Well I'm going to get the xx6 big core!!!!! :clap: :clap: Would I notice any difference from using the FCI intake over the Sparks intake? Just want to by the best stuff made for my 700.

Offline broncofever

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 09:06:09 PM »

Denver Bronco fan?

If I were u I would go with some duals, or the Sparks that allows for spark arrestors just in case. But the xx6 would more than work for your needs...u just run the risk of a ticket if u get checked for sparky somewhere its required
Not a denver bronco fan. I have a ford bronco on 46'' v treads with like 30'' lift. Dont need a sparky where I ride at and no db cops to bust me. Not to crazy about duals, I think one pipe looks better.

Offline broncofever

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
So I have been looking on this site and how found most of what I was looking for. This is what I can up with
1. Curtis Sparks xx6 big core
2. FCI intake with box k&n w/foam wrap
3. PC5

Is this a good set up?  And do I need to add the autotune to the pc5? From what I understand is that once you have the pc5 hooked up and running and add the autotune to it you will have your a/f  settings done automatically for you. Is this right? Do I need the autotune at all?

Offline Buck

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »
ah....Im a Ford man myself.  :thumbs:

Sounds like u have a pretty good list going on there. You dont have to have the auto tune with the PC5, u will just have to load a tune onto it. The auto tune in theory is supposed to tune it automatically for you, but I believe I heard some people were having issues with it. (I may be wrong) I have a PCIII so I have no experience with the auto tune. Hopefully someone who has it can chime in. The PC5 without autotune would work great for you though if u get a good tune for your mods.  :thumbs:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable. unfortunately you can only have 2 at the same time

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »
I have the pc5 with autotune.All i can say is it works awesome without a doubt. There are a few things you have to do to make the autotune work properly.First you have to get into the program and have to enable the autotune.Some people including myself at first thought you just hook it up and ride :lol:. Once you have it enabled you can set the A/F ratio you want it set at. The most important thing is you need to come up with is a base map, Then you need to ride it for a week or better for it to collect all the proper data. Last thing you need to do is once all the data is collected after a week you go into the trim settings and accept the trims. If you dont accept the trims,your just running on the base map.Once you accept them and send them it will write them to the map and loads the new map to your pc5. This is information i gathered right from a powercommander tech. cause i had alot of questions before i dropped the $$$ on this setup. also iam running the sparks 2.25 and it is a very nice qualitypipe and is loud as hell :lol: I actually sold aset of barker duals to buy this exhaust. Hope this helps you some :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »
Have you verified your AFR on a dyno? There has been a couple of us that have and our AFR was WAAYYYY off.

Dont say that I dont know how to use the autotune setup because I've done all my research, followed all the dirrections, even spent HOURS on the phone with Dynojet making sure EVERYTHING was setup properly.

In the end after my autotune did its "magic" I ended up with a AFR of 17+ from 5000 RPMS up.  :thumbs:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline TechQuadShop

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Your ONE stop ATV SHOP
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »
Pretty have you tried one of the gauges to read the A/F correctly?  Do you have the standard AT200 autotune or the Wideband 2 setup?
RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
Pretty have you tried one of the gauges to read the A/F correctly?  Do you have the standard AT200 autotune or the Wideband 2 setup?

I'm not sure Steve.

If I could return this POS I would!

Offline broncofever

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
I have the pc5 with autotune.All i can say is it works awesome without a doubt. There are a few things you have to do to make the autotune work properly.First you have to get into the program and have to enable the autotune.Some people including myself at first thought you just hook it up and ride :lol:. Once you have it enabled you can set the A/F ratio you want it set at. The most important thing is you need to come up with is a base map, Then you need to ride it for a week or better for it to collect all the proper data. Last thing you need to do is once all the data is collected after a week you go into the trim settings and accept the trims. If you dont accept the trims,your just running on the base map.Once you accept them and send them it will write them to the map and loads the new map to your pc5. This is information i gathered right from a powercommander tech. cause i had alot of questions before i dropped the $$$ on this setup. also iam running the sparks 2.25 and it is a very nice qualitypipe and is loud as hell :lol: I actually sold aset of barker duals to buy this exhaust. Hope this helps you some :thumbs:
Thanks for the info. Do you ran the X6 big core 2.25 or the XX6 big core 2.5? Hows it sound at idle and at WOT!!!!

Offline broncofever

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »
Have you verified your AFR on a dyno? There has been a couple of us that have and our AFR was WAAYYYY off.

Dont say that I dont know how to use the autotune setup because I've done all my research, followed all the dirrections, even spent HOURS on the phone with Dynojet making sure EVERYTHING was setup properly.

In the end after my autotune did its "magic" I ended up with a AFR of 17+ from 5000 RPMS up.  :thumbs:
AFR is 17+? Is that right? Shouldn't it be in the 13. something range?

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
12~13 it should be, but the autotune F'ed it all up. I had the target AFR set per Dynojet and other suggestions.