Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: jardine rt4  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
jardine rt4
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »
well since my defeat with a yellow 50th, i am thinking about going with a single exhaust system.  does anyone know anything or have any experience with a jardine rt4 full system pipe?  i can get one for pretty cheap.  i dont feel paying for a leo vince x3 just yet.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: jardine rt4
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:54:45 AM »
well since my defeat with a yellow 50th, i am thinking about going with a single exhaust system.  does anyone know anything or have any experience with a jardine rt4 full system pipe?  i can get one for pretty cheap.  i dont feel paying for a leo vince x3 just yet.

I haven't heard much about them.  I do know allot of folks really like the HMF single system, and it's fairly inexpensive.

Aaron

Offline socalrappy700

• VIP+
  • Street Cred: 15
  • Ex Silvis, Pugnabimus
    • Raptorsource.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
Just save yourself the money and go with duals now.  I really wish I would of.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »

+1
Also, a ~$100 intake will boost the performance nicely, till you want to spend the $$ on exhaust :grin_nod:

Offline Kamakazi

• Canucks
  • Street Cred: 6
  • even dodge dealerships wont take a ford on trade
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
i am unsure about duals for the time being, i am leary about the gains on a dual setup, the wight vs. the power gain may not be worth it with a   stock motor.  id say you would have to make about 5% or more power to make up for the weight.  also for 350$ for a full jardine setup, if i do need duals, i will buy them and sell this jardine to my bud with the yellow 50th :rofl:
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
dunno bout atv's but for crotch rockets jardine is bargain basement exhaust for those who want a bunch of noise cheap and aren't really into it for anything but the increased db of their bike....doesn't make much power either....
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock