Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Rappy wont run in reverse  (Read 997 times)

Offline RDub

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Rappy wont run in reverse
« on: June 06, 2011, 11:22:08 PM »
Hi
My 03 660 has been running like a charm for two years, and all the sudden when I shift into reverse, I can hear a change in idle and when I try to move in reverse, it sputters and spits like its flooding out.  Put it in forward gears and it runs great.
What could be the deal here?  ???
Thanks

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Rappy wont run in reverse
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
odd....

it has the reverse sensor that keeps you from revving. It cuts the timing...could be shorting

not sure which wires they are, never had that particular problem. Does the problem still happen with clutch held in?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline RDub

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:56:16 PM »
Hey it's all fixed..  Turns out it was the park brake switch got loosened up while I was installing a TrailTech computer on my bar.  Tightened it up and all is back to normal.
Touchy stuff.. :lol:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:55:07 AM »
Hey it's all fixed..  Turns out it was the park brake switch got loosened up while I was installing a TrailTech computer on my bar.  Tightened it up and all is back to normal.
Touchy stuff.. :lol:

right on!

I disconnected my PB switch for that reason...  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"