Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Mcsommerfeld

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
HELP!!
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
I have a huge issue with my Raptor!!  The heads of the bolts in the startor shearded off and one of them rode the timing chain to the top of the case and punched a hole in it!  If I replce the cam cover do I have to adjust the vales?  And what size are the bolts in stator?  At lesst I think it is the stator.  This is the part number of the bolt, but I cant find anywhere what size it is.  91317-06014-00  Thank you!!

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
You can't replace just the valve cover, it's matched to the head.  You have to replace the whole head and valve cover or fix the existing valve cover.  Otherwise you'd have to line bore the new cover with the old head and pray things line up.  If you just throw a new valve cover on the old head chances are you'll tear up the camshaft in short time and be replacing the whole top end anyway.

Offline Mcsommerfeld

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
What is the best way to go about fixing it being that I dont have a tig welder or even know how to tig weld.

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
You might as well adjust the valves, or at least check that they're in tolerance at a bare minumum while the cover's off anyway.

You may be able to find a shop locally that does general fabrication or someting like that and see if they can do the repair for you.

Can't help ya on the stator bolt, sorry.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
I backed a lawn mower into something once & put a hole in the carb.  I found the piece that broke out & JB Welded the carb back together. Would that work for you ?  :lol:

Offline Mcsommerfeld

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:03 AM »
Can anyone tell me what size the botls are that hold the stator to the fly wheel?

Offline Mcsommerfeld

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »
Ok, what size bolt holds the fly wheel and the rotor together?  There are 6 of them, all Allen bolts, I posted the part number in the first post, unjust can't find a size any where.

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
Take a bolt with you to a hardware store and compare/find one that matches
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »
Take a bolt with you to a hardware store and compare/find one that matches

100% best bet there. Auto parts store is a better bet since they are metric.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"