Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Help a noob!  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Help a noob!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 06:57:23 AM »
ok so i started talking to a guy i found on craigs about an 05 with some good mods... He let me talk him down to 2400... On the other hand i just got a call from a guy here im my town that has an 08 gytr (?) with a broken sub frame, he told me he would let me have it for 25 cash. Both of these Raptors run great, no leaked, no major damage other then the sub frame.. What are your thoughts guy? Hook a brota up!!

subframe runs ya a couple hundy.

Me...I prefer to run mine a little tweaked :lol: it is a weak spot of the rappy 700. I would look really hard for other damage. Bent frame, fender mounts etc....but that is a seriously good deal if just a subframe and motor is good.

Nice! he told me that it was looped, and i could ride it when i pick it up.. Other then the bent frame and fender mounts any thing else i should look into? Im fired up about getting this bike.

handlebars, steering stem, a-arms, tie rods. most likely, when rolled, it is just handlebars and subframe though.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »
+1

700 all day if it looks/runs alright when you get there
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline ddonaldson6

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 11:04:38 AM »
Its done!! Pick it up on Friday!! Looks like I'm going to weld the sub frame back together and hope for the best. The 700 is stock, any recommendations on nerf bars, and dual ext? The bike is white and silver.

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:44 AM »
PRM nerfs are my favorite on the 700, and DMC force 4 duals IMO, but you'll get a lot of different answers here.

DMC,Barker or Monster, personally I've been LESS than impressed with the LTE duals quality (performance is good) and I don't know much about the newer Trinity, Dasa, or Big Gun duals yet.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 11:25:42 AM »
rip out the spark arrestor, get new intake, and a dobeck dial style FI controller. $150 in mods. quick, cheap, easy hp. Or just get Barker duals for the most gain.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline ddonaldson6

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 11:51:25 AM »
hey Peels?!?!....... your the man!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »
lol I try.

this is the way to do it, if you want a little power, better (less gay) sound, but don't want to drop mega bucks. good luck.

spark arrestor removal:

Not the easiest thing to get out. but do-able.

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=5914.0