Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: what does it take  (Read 1448 times)

Offline thumpinscrambler

• Street Cred: 0
  • good
what does it take
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
what does it take to convert my 07 700 se to have the digitle dash  (want gas gage) price average parts time thanks
3 inches hard 2 lil balls like throwin a hotdog down a hallway if u want it all day dont call me

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: what does it take
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:45:02 AM »
need the new grille with bumped section for dash.. it is a different piece that older raptors. and the connectors and all that....

youll have to go to a dealer for that one. DOnt know anyone who has done it. or why you would want it....im usually looking at the trail in front of me, not the dash :lol: i SUPPOSE its neat to see your MPH...but...slap a gps on the bars for that, itll be cheaper, I guarantee it.

note: it is only available in the colors for those years they have it. You say you have an 07 se...SOOOO is the grille bright orange or candy blue? they won't have it in either of those..

Think you will be a pioneer in this one. so good luck. here is the yamaha parts fiche you can find all the parts you need.
IMHO, your best bet is to find someone else with a newer raptor, swap parts, and give it a shot....put em back if it doesnt work.

I personally wouldn't bother, because the dash is REALLY crude and simple, and if you arent looking at the trail while riding, you arent riding safe.... but Im lazy and old. LOL

http://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/YAMAHA/2012/RAPTOR-700R/FRONT-FENDER
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:53:16 AM by PeelsSE2 »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
I did it....

stock 2009 harness and digital dash

eBay FTW

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »
I did it....

stock 2009 harness and digital dash

eBay FTW

you have the grille and all? :confused: on the 4fitty?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline thumpinscrambler

• good
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
mph not to inportant just want the gas gage everything just a bonus guess i would need a grill ,tank,for float?, harnus, and the the lcd screan am i missing something sounds like 500 better off with a stick  and it is a se2 2 means blue lol
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:42:01 PM by thumpinscrambler »
3 inches hard 2 lil balls like throwin a hotdog down a hallway if u want it all day dont call me

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline thumpinscrambler

• good
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »
i have that exact one and it is not accurate 3/4 after 5 min then goes to half then almost empty then i still have a lot more then it says and it rattles plus my cap is bullitt  but that is a option if need it that bad

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »
I did not put the plastic dash on, basicly I mounted it in the normal 450 spot, looks a bit wrong.. but its there!

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »
 :pics:
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is IƱigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
I just fuel up between rides. Have a quick look in the tank before you go back out.

I could see how the dash would be cool for riding LONG trail rides though...

Maybe try this:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=lawn+tractor+fuel+gauge+cap&hl=en&safe=active&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS446US446&prmd=imvnsfd&biw=1091&bih=689&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7207990759817237676&sa=X&ei=v25jT625K-L-sQKd2I2cCw&ved=0CG4Q8wIwAw

much cheaper, easier, and probably just as reliable :lol:

and...you'll still be a pioneer.  :thumbs: :lol: