Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Things I like and dislike about the products on my bike, new thing added daily.  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
As we all know, I've dumped around $50,000-$60,000 in my personal raptor and another $25,000 in my other raptors. I think I've earned the right as a consumer to have an opinion on the products, builders, and resources offered to us on a daily basis. With that said, I'm gonna add a product or service every day or so that I have had the privilege to use and offer my opinion on it, take it for what its worth, either it be shit or gold. If I haven't giving a description to a product that you are in the market for, please feel free to ask... there is a good chance that I have used the product you are in the market for.

My build

Swinger: Stock swingarm modified by dpe_ele

Known fact, I've got over 70hp... so I've been rocking a +4 swinger. I had dpe_ele build me a +2 modified stock swinger, one of the best mods ever. By going from a +4 to +2 I've gained some cornering back. Also by going with a cast aluminum swinger vs an aftermarket I dropped a noticeable amount of weight. A modified stock swinger FTMFW win! I've broke several aftermarkets and there is no way in hell I will ever by an aftermarket swinger again. Dpe_ele made me a superior product, props to him.

*If anyone starts an argument in my thread, don't get butthurt if it gets deleted*
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:53:36 PM by Gunz »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
I was very impressed with that swingarm! If I ever go extened swingarm thats for sure what I'm doing.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
Your build sold me on it  :thumbs:

Glad you are enjoying it

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
the fact that the thing looks bone stock is a huge plus!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline DL700

• Street Cred: 5
    • Email
Ive got a few customers who had Him do them and they look great!

Great thread GUNZ BTW...
CUERVO RACING

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
great idea for a thread, Gunz.  :thumbs:

Always wondered what you thought of the Rox antivibe riser....You are the only person I know that rocked one on a quad.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
Ive got a few customers who had Him do them and they look great!

Great thread GUNZ BTW...

Wait, didnt we start a thread kinda like this on MR and got our ass ripped?

Sorry DL, no fingers pointed at you.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
great idea for a thread, Gunz.  :thumbs:

Always wondered what you thought of the Rox antivibe riser....You are the only person I know that rocked one on a quad.

I had one too :(

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
great idea for a thread, Gunz.  :thumbs:

I had one too :(

well I havent seen it, so it doesnt count.  :nod:

what do you think of it? From the perspective of an old man who is looking to decrease arm/thumb fatigue.. :)

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline DL700

• Email
i think there is a fine balance between giving a review on a product that didnt fit or function as antisipated or totally Blasting it if you have frustrations with its use or install
CUERVO RACING

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
I recently replaced my ASV levers to ASV shorty levers, for me I think it was a big mistake to go with shorty's. I have man hands and for some reason I could not get a grip with the shorty's. I have since reverted back to the longer ASV's. I have owned 5 pairs and have yet to break any of them. I have broke plenty of OEM and aftermarket levers.

Shortys ASV

Now Kenz and Brit have Shorty ASV's on their Raptor's neither of them have any complaints, then again Kenz is 10 and Brits hands aren't much bigger then his. I also like the clutch adjustment on their shortys, my regular ASV's don't have this option... I wish they did. My opinions on ASV are they are a must have lever. Shortys for the kids and chicks, regulars for the Men.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:56:04 PM by Gunz »

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline DL700

• Email
the pro-pack comes with the upgraded quick adjuster and a much nicer perch think they are C-5's

Personally never been a fan of the shorties either as you dont have as much control with them, and pulling a heavier clutch then stock becomes a hassle
CUERVO RACING

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
    • Email
the pro-pack comes with the upgraded quick adjuster and a much nicer perch think they are C-5's

Personally never been a fan of the shorties either as you dont have as much control with them, and pulling a heavier clutch then stock becomes a hassle

Even with DL's springs and 5 washers underneigth of those I still use 2 fingers to shift and brake. I pretty much leave my fingers on the levers at all times. With the OEM levers I have no complaints.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • I have candy.....
I ordered a set of F3's. Standard length, in blue. Thanks for the review Mike. I feel the same way  :thumbs:

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
Faast Flexx bars..... If you don't own a set, you are losing out. I have purchased 4 pairs so far. Every quad I buy will recieve a pair. These bars are awesome! I even put a set on my 10yr olds bike. $350 is a bit excessive, but once you buy a set you won't regret it. Arm pump is a thing of the past with these.

I'll tell you what, If I can get 50 "Im in's" on a monthly give away, I'll give a brand new set away, but only if I can get the winning person to give a complete write up on them.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar