Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: paddle tire question  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: paddle tire question
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 02:56:29 PM »
no paddles aren't necessary, unless loose sand. What kind are they?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Raginraptor

• Street Cred: 0
  • Live to ride and Ride to live
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
I was in treverton already and ride in areas like it.. for climbing alot of guys like the paddle masters for coal but most of the guys I ride with have banshees... The sand gears are real good too
 :thumbs:
My New Build:
Barker duals, PcV, Dynatek prog. W/Dl700 custom curve,+2 Valve Megalodon head by Bo (velociraptor), Hdd5050 cam, KW Valve Springs,105mm 12.1 Cp piston,  Wk 54mm Tb Kit

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 06:25:06 AM »
I got the ams aerospeeds. these are what all the guys are running at treverton. At least thats what my one buddy said,that is what he saw the most of. I might just have to go back to my gncc holeshots and sell the tires. cause i will not beable to stand the rough ride

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
If you line up the paddles the vibration will lessen quite a bit.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 11:13:07 AM »
I got the ams aerospeeds. these are what all the guys are running at treverton. At least thats what my one buddy said,that is what he saw the most of. I might just have to go back to my gncc holeshots and sell the tires. cause i will not beable to stand the rough ride

Look bro, if your going to want to run sand paddles on the coal, then your going to want to run a molded tire which is what you have. If you take them for a test run on the pavement (even a dirt road), your gonna get ur ass handed to you unless ur cruisin at a higher speed. Now if you take them out and ride them on the coal they are going to be a whole different ride, most likely softer. I cant imagine using paddles on coal, but if a ton of guys are doing it, then there must be a reason for it. Your ride vs a banshee on paddles, id take yours any day and what I mean by that is yours will be softer. Lets face it molded tires are rough riders already, so to somewhat sorta help that, you need to lower ur air pressure. I'd start out between 2-4psi, 2 being a hell of alot softer then 4psi. If your running beadlocks then run 0psi or just a bump of air. Like Preddy said try to even out the paddles. I would at least try them out once before you lose your mind. Go ride them and then give us a report. ;)

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 11:20:08 AM »
Side note... 22's are going to be softer then 20's and 8 inch rims are going to be softer then 10 inch rims. ALL Raptors (660-700s) need 22" paddles assuming your running stock gearing .....anyone that disagrees is just plain stupid.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 11:38:04 AM »
Side note... 22's are going to be softer then 20's and 8 inch rims are going to be softer then 10 inch rims. ALL Raptors (660-700s) need 22" paddles assuming your running stock gearing .....anyone that disagrees is just plain stupid.

Just call me Corky then. :lol:

Didn't feel much difference in sizes. Then again, I was bone stock on 22's. BUt gunz is right. you do have to line those paddles up. I try to make sure both sides have even pressure too.

Also, I don't drag race, so my views are probably way different than most.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »

Just call me Corky then. :lol:

Didn't feel much difference in sizes. Then again, I was bone stock on 22's. BUt gunz is right. you do have to line those paddles up. I try to make sure both sides have even pressure too.

Also, I don't drag race, so my views are probably way different than most.

Corky, raptor's need 22's because of their torque.... ride quality is irrelevant to my staetement. When you get out to LS, we'll(i'll) swap a couple of different sets of tires on your bike for ya.... ie haulers, edges, sandstars, 22's and 20's

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 02:46:57 PM »
I only rode it in my yard.But yes i got my ass handed to me in the yard :lol: I dont have beadlocks and i have the air at 7psi. Only because i dont know a damn thing about paddle tires and wasnt sure on how low of pressure i could get away with. It felt like my tires were square :nod: How do you go about lining up the paddles?

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »
Drop them down to 0psi and spin one of them on the rim,,,, hard as hell. then air them back up to 3psi an call it a day. Your backyard isnt going to do any justice on the test ride.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
thanks 4gunz i appreciate it. Im thinking if this dont work im gonna buy a set of gncc holeshots and sell these paddles. i miss my gncc's anyway so its a good exscuse to buy them :nod:

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
you can also spin the hub on the axle.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 10:03:18 AM »
I only rode it in my yard.But yes i got my ass handed to me in the yard :lol: I dont have beadlocks and i have the air at 7psi. Only because i dont know a damn thing about paddle tires and wasnt sure on how low of pressure i could get away with. It felt like my tires were square :nod: How do you go about lining up the paddles?
7psi is TO much  :thumbs:

like gunz said, 3psi 4 max. you should be set. and in your hard... the paddles don't get a chance to sink into anything. Get them on something soft and you'll be set. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline 1badazz_700r

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »
 :lol: i was just gonna post i spun the hubs instead of the tires,cause its alot easier peels you beat me too it and i didnt even realise it :P I dropped the pressure to 3.5psi and drove it around the yard again and its way better now that the paddles are lined up and lower pressure. thanks guys for the help. I hope these tires are kinda rugged.I would hate to destroy them in one ride :nod:

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
:lol: i was just gonna post i spun the hubs instead of the tires,cause its alot easier peels you beat me too it and i didnt even realise it :P I dropped the pressure to 3.5psi and drove it around the yard again and its way better now that the paddles are lined up and lower pressure. thanks guys for the help. I hope these tires are kinda rugged.I would hate to destroy them in one ride :nod:

They're tough don't sweat it. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar