Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Little Sahara Rally 2011 Pics and Stories!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 24383 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Little Sahara Rally 2011 Pics and Stories!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2011, 11:52:15 PM »
So what all did everyone break/lose? I toasted a 36t rear sprocket when my sprocket bolt came out somewhere on the first day and ovalled out...then my chain snapped and took out the top case saver mount (JB WELD FTMFW). And then my f-ing lower oil line came loose and starting spraying oil all over the motor, skid, and sand. Lost a couple other bolts too like the overflow.
And now for the few pics I took when I wasn't fixing or riding shit...

The view I saw most of the time...

Will get some more pics tomorrow of the broken crap

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2011, 12:12:35 AM »
Helmet cam got nothing but a 30 second shot of my ugly face on Friday, didn't ever turn off friday night, and had a spastic fit half way through the first ride on Saturday and refused to record anything after the initial stint that day.  I have a measly 1.37gb of video and most of it is pointed at me, the sky or is as dark as a well digger's arse. 

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:52 AM »
I have some video including from night riding...HIDs definitely rock. gonna have to do some editing then I'll upload a few.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »
remember to send me your pics and vids!!!  Read the first post in the thread on how to do it easily. Got Preddy's and I think discos.  :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »
I had a sprocket bolt come loose on me too causing my chain to fall off right as I went off a jump and almost ate shit lol. Bent a link or 2 on the chain but had a stocker I threw back on. Also I was about to go out one time and noticed one of the bolts that bolts the 2 pieces of the frame together was backed way out and about to fall off, good thing I caught that one.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:04 AM »
Helmet cam got nothing but a 30 second shot of my ugly face on Friday, didn't ever turn off friday night, and had a spastic fit half way through the first ride on Saturday and refused to record anything after the initial stint that day.  I have a measly 1.37gb of video and most of it is pointed at me, the sky or is as dark as a well digger's arse. 

No vid of me jumping??    :cry:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
cripes. that frame bolt could have been bad news.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 08:51:06 AM »
DUctape's 660. One of the wires used to bypass the 660's limiters or saftey switches came loose. That's why it wouldn't start on it's own. Found the issue right away, and already fixed.

My 778,

Intake boots came off...

Never has happened before, and I just rode it last at Walden, where if this type of thing was going to happen...it should of happened their :dunno:

Nikki's YFZ.

I havn't had a chance to dig into it yet, but I have two theories on what the problem might be. 1st) loose ground or similar connection. 2nd) Stater is going.

I'm going to start by going through the wwire connections on her bike to see if i find anything obvious, if not I'll do the stater.  I'm leaning towards the wire/connection issue becuase when i put her orginal battery (Less than 1 year old AGM) on my charger, it reported as fully charged...verified by my multimeter.

I actually think all three bike's issues may be related...perhaps all victims of vibration on the trailer that caused secured items to unsecure...dunno...just a guess.

I do want to take the time to thank all of you for your sympathy texts/calls/chats....It was a very rough long weekend, to which I don't believe is over becuase of the nature of that side of the family.

More importantly, I'd really like to thank all of you for keeping an eye on, and helping Nikki and Ethan during the rally. 

Mike, thanks for putting Nikki up in your RV, that was huge, and I doubt she would have had nearly as good of a time having to be alone in that tent.

Russ, thanks for understanding my situation, and carring on without me, and keeping a keen eye on Jr.

Chris, thanks for helping Nikki swap that battery, and she really enjoyed Jessica and your company ;)

I'm sure there's plenty more I missed, but I'm truly proud to say I have true friends of the family that will look out for us when we need it.

Aaron

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 08:55:15 AM »
^^^ thats sooo *sniffle* beautiful ^^^^

:thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
once we put your battery in her bike, we tested it to make sure it was charging... and it was..
I really think her battery is just bad...

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 09:07:14 AM »
once we put your battery in her bike, we tested it to make sure it was charging... and it was..

+1

Hope Ethan had a good time! I know I had a good time givin him shit all weekend :lol: 

Shoulda seen the smile he had on his face after fader let him take his quad out. :thumbs:

priceless :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »

The headlights pulse on revving much more than ever before, I think there's a deeper issue, but I'll triple check that battery none the less.

Thanks bro.

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 09:15:40 AM »
I really appreciate you guys helping ethan with his quad and letting him ride on/in other vehicles too.  With his current plans to join the military after school, it may be awhile before he can attend another rally.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »
I really appreciate you guys helping ethan with his quad and letting him ride on/in other vehicles too.  With his current plans to join the military after school, it may be awhile before he can attend another rally.

Hmm military still has the don't ask don't tell policy right? :lol:

Tell him good luck with that and I'll miss seeing him around