Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: raptor 660 handlebar Combined Light & starter Switch Bypass  (Read 2746 times)

Offline pcataldo

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
raptor 660 handlebar Combined Light & starter Switch Bypass
« on: November 07, 2008, 06:32:28 PM »
Has anyone attempted on a Raptor 660 to bypass the Combo Light /Starter switch with After market seperate switches one for Lights the other for Starting. Does anyone have the schematic that will tell which wires do what??

My Facory switch is acting up any my belief is dont replace upgrade it.  Any Thoughts

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: raptor 660 handlebar Combined Light & starter Switch Bypass
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
i have been thinking about getting rid of the ignition switch on the bars altogether (by hotwiring it) and relying on the kill switch. I know one of these days I will lose my key.

I think the individual lights mount right into an aftermarket bezel. No wiring at all. I may be wrong?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Caliraptor

• Street Cred: 1
  • My Personal UPS Chick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »
my dad has a toggle switch on his, no key needed...........did u try cleaning the switch from the inside? they create rust on the contact points, they should be cleaned once in a while
Skipping class and tapping ass

Offline DECEPTiON21

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »
I lost my key a while ago. I ended up putting the lights (temperature, reverse, and neutral) in the radiator cover, by drilling holes where there was space. Then i put a rocker switch on the plastic to toggle it on and off. I wouldn't recommend just hot wiring it and relying on the kill switch. If you do that, the power will always be on and running to the bike. You might not be able to start it, but if you leave your lights on, fan running, etc., it would kill your battery.
05 660R with some stuff

06 2500 CTD on Rockstars