Other/Off-Topic > Members Rides

Can it pull it?

(1/3) > >>

Livingmylife93:
We have a 2001 Chevy 1500 with a 4.8 V8 in it, manual transmission - completely stock
It has the factory towing package wich is basically just better brakes.

Looks like im going to be getting my first truck soon, and we need to find a way to get it home.

Its an early 90's Ford F-150 Longbed, regular cab, 4x4

If we rented a dolly from U-haul, could we safely tow it? U-haul says the truck couldn't handle it, but it may be our only option.

We have a hitch, and the most we have ever towed was 3 ATV's and 2 Dirtbikes, without much of a struggle.

robkd:
Depends on how far your towing it, but if its a short distance you will be fine.  I have an 05' chevy 1500 and i have an old united rentals car trailer that i towed a full size 77 chevy longbed home the other day and didn't have a problem though i wouldn't do it for long distance because tranny and rear end probably wouldn't hold up that well.

Livingmylife93:
Its about a 2 hour drive...

Kamakazi:
it will pull no problem whatsoever.  if it pulls harder, ohwell, nobody said u had to drive the speed limit.  u have a manual tranny, so no need to worry about overheating the tranny.  the truck is an '05, so i doubt it has heating issues.  the rear end, come on, its not gonna blow.  all u-haul does is type in the vehicle and see what the recommended tow capacity is.  like i said you dont need to go speed limit.

robkd:
I live in the cascades so towing lots of weight with a half ton isn't really an option unless its short distance.  However i drove from GA to OR with a uhaul 6x12 trailer fully loaded and my pickup bed fully loaded and i made it all the way here but about a week after i got here rear end was toast, dealership said it was too much but i had it loaded to the max.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version