Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Learning more about us  (Read 23768 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Learning more about us
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »
peelz haz curious questions too......

What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?

Okay I'll be for reals now :lol:
I think for me.. Politics, I want to care, I know it all affects me, but in the end.. I'm just one person and there's a team of people out there making up stuff as they go or getting paid by certain areas to vote this way or that. I just don't care :shrug: I know I should and when I look at FB all I see is a bunch of bullshit that I just don't care about.. I'll just go about my rose colored glasses way. :)

Religion is an interesting topic for me. I grew up Lutheran and am currently in a place where I don't really know what to believe. I don't know if I believe the christian views of Jesus being the true savior but I believe in a GERD. I just feel like everything is too far to be a "" coincidence or that we evolved from some little amoebas :lol:

rose colored glasses.  :rofl:  Mine are whiskey colored. that dont allow me to see shit that has no facts attached to it.

politics, we are pretty similar.  you from small town, country life, INTO big city. I am opposite, I think we see the value in both.

religion, you and I are opposite sides of the same exact coin.  :thumbs: not sure what I believe, but...its coming from a different angle.

I just know it isn't cut and dried like ANY book would have you fall for.  :thumbs:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:06:03 AM by Peels »
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
everything has a price!

<counts penises>

:conceit:

thats what I do ALL day long.

I KNEW it.

the tomato thing was an elaborate cover.  :thumbs:

I love little boys with mullets

Magz. I do not believe I asked that question.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2017, 11:28:23 AM »

What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?

I think for me.. Politics, I want to care, I know it all affects me, but in the end.. I'm just one person and there's a team of people out there making up stuff as they go or getting paid by certain areas to vote this way or that. I just don't care :shrug: I know I should and when I look at FB all I see is a bunch of bullshit that I just don't care about.. I'll just go about my rose colored glasses way. :)

Religion is an interesting topic for me. I grew up Lutheran and am currently in a place where I don't really know what to believe. I don't know if I believe the christian views of Jesus being the true savior but I believe in a GERD. I just feel like everything is too far to be a "" coincidence or that we evolved from some little amoebas :lol:

rose colored glasses.  :rofl:  Mine are whiskey colored. that dont allow me to see shit that has no facts attached to it.

politics, we are pretty similar.  you from small town, country life, INTO big city. I am opposite, I think we see the value in both.

religion, you and I are opposite sides of the same exact coin.  :thumbs: not sure what I believe, but...its coming from a different angle.

I just know it isn't cut and dried like ANY book would have you fall for.  :thumbs:

One of my friends actually sent me this and I believe it 100%
Especially when I think of all my family up north that has no idea wtf why things are the way they are. But man alive do they have an opinion on it all.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-big-cities-turn-you-liberal-converts-perspective/

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »

One of my friends actually sent me this and I believe it 100%
Especially when I think of all my family up north that has no idea wtf why things are the way they are. But man alive do they have an opinion on it all.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-big-cities-turn-you-liberal-converts-perspective/

that seemed pretty anti big city.  :lol:  which I am not. If you gotta live there, its cool. do it. At some point recently, the term "liberal" has now come to be a synonym of  "compassionate" and I have much trouble considering that a negative. I find myself ALWAYS trying to see other viewpoints.

The way I always saw it-living in a metro area, you are confronted by other human beings nonstop. And, in order to survive, civilly, and coexist, you must empathize. "walk a mile in another mans shoes"  folks in the country really don't have to do this much, because they dont ever see folks regularly doing anything different from them, therefore, never have to question their own lifestyle. they go visit a city, and get all pissy. Personally, and to comment on the first topic in your link... I think ALL driving education should be done in that environment. LOL so many people from out here, go into city, scared of driving.... ugh.

all things tradeoff I guess. 

its funny, Mom sent me a Vid of the area I grew up in San Jose FLOODING this morning. spent some time looking at the Map of Silicon Valley. where i rode my bike and all that... it seemed like I went EVERYWHERE as a kid. just because of how compact things are.  looking back, im thinking of telling my mom she didnt watch me very well LOL  Airport to watch planes...rode bikes to Ataris headquarters. SO much to do, and see. Then we had to ride our bikes for at least an hour to get to a place where you wouldn't see/hear other humans.

Move to Iowa, we had 17 acres. want that same thing....just walk outside.    :rofl:

Both those lifestyles shaped me. and to consider either of them wrong, or one better than the other, just doesnt compute for me. I know I prefer the country mostly...but damn its sure cool to visit the city.  And I loved my childhood.

neither lifestyle is really tenable without the other. cities need country for natural resources. Country needs city for finance, tech, healthcare...among other things

:thumbs:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
I can agree on all of them .. even the trophy hunting thing.. I think it's just douchy

if you kill it... eat it!

I am WAY more likely (back when I hunted) to kill a big juicy Doe over a mediocre buck anyday!
now.. if I were hunting and a GIANT Buck walked out... oh... hells yea... and I would absolutely have it mounted
but he would still be eaten
but... lets be honest.. I haven't hunted in years

sports...
I find it sad... I understand it... it's just sad..
You were a stud in high-school when you played... now you relive your "glory days" every Sunday watching others do it... move on "Uncle Rico"

Religion,
yea... some people need something to hold on to..
a belief that shit happens for a reason..
and that we are not just rotting in the ground, but living in some magical kingdom...
that's not for me... but I GET it

Politics,
yea... I don't get people getting all worked up about it....
Gene Simmons said it best...
Shut up and do your job... and on election day... vote how you feel and move on
I don't think everyone who disagrees with my view is stupid, just un-educated on the matter :lol:
like just saying the term "gun violence" shows your ignorant, and I immediately don't hold your opinion with any value.
nobody talks about Car-violence, or beer violence... or swimming pool violence .. so.. when someone says Gun-violence it clearly shows their colors

if someone wants to talk facts, I'm all in.. but fools spouting off on FB, like they think it will change anything.. I REALLY don't get that!

Yes, I know RS is Social media
it's pretty minimal..
my confusion is people (mostly Adults) who check their facebook/twitter/snapchat/whatever trend is next ... all the time..
I understand the Dopamine effect that it creates when someone "likes" you or whatever thumbs up you get...
so a 13YO girl... it makes total sense... a 40 year old man... no... just no

Tattoos...
I have a couple..
it is what it is...
mine are both coverups of youthful mistakes..
if I could go back... yep.. I'd have none
I don't have a big problem with them.. if I did, I'd pay up and have them removed

boxing/fighting..
that falls in with every sport... meh .. :shrug:
now watching Mike Tyson (back in the day) .. was a sight to see... his pure strength was insane
not something I would watch all the time... but it just shocked me to see him pummel some poor fucker!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
Politics,
yea... I don't get people getting all worked up about it....
Gene Simmons said it best...
Shut up and do your job... and on election day... vote how you feel and move on
I don't think everyone who disagrees with my view is stupid, just un-educated on the matter :lol:
like just saying the term "gun violence" shows your ignorant, and I immediately don't hold your opinion with any value.
nobody talks about Car-violence, or beer violence... or swimming pool violence .. so.. when someone says Gun-violence it clearly shows their colors
I guess you could lump it in assault with a deadly weapon. I just think there's enough to justify a separate category defining gun/knife/bomb.

fwiw, there are terms on car violence (vehicular homicide/manslaughter) I'm not sure there's an "" alcohol term. I'd assume there is but I don't know off the top o' my head.

In Mn, if you're lucky enough to get pulled over while intoxicated, you get to have a special license plate that starts with 'W' (termed: Whiskey plates).. Allows you to be pulled over at any time without suspicion or reason.

:)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2017, 12:17:05 PM »
hey a$$hole. I could have been state. watch me throw this ball over those mountains! :) I was actually never a stud. LOL shocked? Sports, if I make time to watch them, is brain-shutter-offer for me. :) dont know the last time I made it through an entire even of ANYTHING.

and to clarify. i find nothing wrong with tattoos... just not on me. its a social trend I feel left out on. Seeing two people with them meet each other, instantly have hours of stories about why they have em.... then people always asking "why dont you have any tats?" But nothing, not wife, kids soccer, motorcycles. nothing gets me goin' enough to say "HEY look at what I did to my skin" lol

Basically, never felt the need to outwardly advertise that which I feel strongly about. If you want to know, ask me. :)

this part:

Religion,
yea... some people need something to hold on to..
a belief that shit happens for a reason..
and that we are not just rotting in the ground, but living in some magical kingdom...
that's not for me... but I GET it

you and me are pretty exact here.

if it makes you feel good. yay. go for it.  it doesnt work for me. and no, i'm not "sad" it just doesnt bother me. hasnt since I was 7.

anyone ever ask you "Arent you worried about not getting into heaven, or going to hell?" ive got that so many times. And it puts me into error mode. like a computer in an endless programming loop.  :rofl:

Heffer....swimming pools, cars, and beer.  those 3 things, yes they CAN kill, but nobody ever purchases any of them with the sole purpose OF doing so- but guns are purchased EXACTLY for that. thats the diff for me. PEELS:  :brokenrecord:

LOL randy. I want whiskey plates!

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
I fuckin LOVE the idea of special plates!! (now ima look for those in MN next time)

you missed my term here..

"Gun Violence" is not a possibility (it's a slanted agenda driven term)
like "Muslim ban" .. it's just not accurate.. but very biased
an inanimate object is not able to commit violence
"assault with a deadly weapon" is a PERFECT definition :thumbs:
or vehicular homicide.. perfect... "Car violence" is just stupid

people who carryon about "gun violence" have zero credibility with me
if someone wants to talk about solutions to suicide or homicide or violent crime rates.. I'm all ears

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2017, 01:01:34 PM »
I fuckin LOVE the idea of special plates!! (now ima look for those in MN next time)

you missed my term here..

"Gun Violence" is not a possibility (it's a slanted agenda driven term)
like "Muslim ban" .. it's just not accurate.. but very biased
an inanimate object is not able to commit violence
"assault with a deadly weapon" is a PERFECT definition :thumbs:
or vehicular homicide.. perfect... "Car violence" is just stupid

people who carryon about "gun violence" have zero credibility with me
if someone wants to talk about solutions to suicide or homicide or violent crime rates.. I'm all ears

Should there be distinction between assault with a deadly weapon and a bombing?
That's all I was saying, I think there's enough of each one to distinctly label one from the other.

The Whiskey plates, in my area you'll see them ALLL over. I actually followed someone who I'm 99% sure was drunk (with whiskey plates). all over the road, ended up calling that one in. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »

The Whiskey plates, in my area you'll see them ALLL over. I actually followed someone who I'm 99% sure was drunk (with whiskey plates). all over the road, ended up calling that one in. :lol:

fun ruiner.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

fun ruiner.

:lol: Typically I don't care.. Until I see them darting across the dashed lines almost hitting me then I'm done with that game :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »

That's all I was saying, I think there's enough of each one to distinctly label one from the other.

I would think... with a bomb would be domestic terrorism?
or just terrorism?

Heffer....swimming pools, cars, and beer.  those 3 things, yes they CAN kill, but nobody ever purchases any of them with the sole purpose OF doing so- but guns are purchased EXACTLY for that. thats the diff for me. PEELS:

Peels, living around here of course is MUCH different than living in Cali Or even where Randy lives..

but I know ALOT... and I mean... ALOT of people with guns...
but I do not know anyone who bought a gun to kill people
I'd say about 50% hunting, about 40% sport/fun and the other 10% would be self defense
local guy just held a bad guy at gun point (I think I already told the story) with a .22 lol
took the cops like 24 minutes or some shit...
such is the problems with rural life
that bad guy was lucky he broke into that house... many other homes he'd be dead!
justifiably ... but in this instance the good guy did it the right way... nobody died and that guy will spend some time behind bars, and hopefully be better for it

but to buy a gun to specifically kill someone... you've seen this?
that's some shit.... (I know it happens... but damn)

I view guns as life savers, not life takers!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »

fun ruiner.

:lol: Typically I don't care.. Until I see them darting across the dashed lines almost hitting me then I'm done with that game :lol:

same. was just kiddin. Ive called em in before. get yo drunk a$$ dafuk off my road.  :confused:

recently, i watched one in front of me, left lane violently darting back and forth. hit shoulder once. had phone to call it in, ambulance come up next to me, flashed lights. i could see the guy on the radio. they saw it too. they followed the guy onto a side road. :) few minutes later saw a sheriff coming the other way.   :thumbs:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »

I would think... with a bomb would be domestic terrorism?
or just terrorism?

Heffer....swimming pools, cars, and beer.  those 3 things, yes they CAN kill, but nobody ever purchases any of them with the sole purpose OF doing so- but guns are purchased EXACTLY for that. thats the diff for me. PEELS:

Peels, living around here of course is MUCH different than living in Cali Or even where Randy lives..

but I know ALOT... and I mean... ALOT of people with guns...
but I do not know anyone who bought a gun to kill people
I'd say about 50% hunting, about 40% sport/fun and the other 10% would be self defense
local guy just held a bad guy at gun point (I think I already told the story) with a .22 lol
took the cops like 24 minutes or some shit...
such is the problems with rural life
that bad guy was lucky he broke into that house... many other homes he'd be dead!
justifiably ... but in this instance the good guy did it the right way... nobody died and that guy will spend some time behind bars, and hopefully be better for it

but to buy a gun to specifically kill someone... you've seen this?
that's some shit.... (I know it happens... but damn)

I view guns as life savers, not life takers!

conversely, ive NEVER heard of someone buying a pool to kill someone.

hefer...how do they "save" that life? They do it by TAKING another life, or, at the very least, the threat of "taking" life dissuades the criminal from doing so, out of that fear of "mutually assured destruction"

nobody's gonna be afraid of a swimming pool(cept starla right? lol)  I mean...the guy in your story didnt reach for his fun noodle. :lol:

In my eyes, they're actually BOTH. and to consider them ONLY "savers", is to ignore their inherent design. they need to be respected, so its more difficult for wrong folks to get em. but they wont be. Reacting is WAY better than actually thinking things through these days. I'm sort of done worrying about it. Foregone conclusion, wild west here we come. guns don't worry me. MILLIONS of unchecked guns(because its our "right") DOES worry me.

;)  agree/disagree right?