Raptor 700 Information > 700 General Discussion

pc3 usb help need map.

(1/2) > >>

bigj6996:
I Have an 07 raptor 700 that has the Lexx MXe Slip-On Exhaust Pipe. Everything else is stock. I have just put the pc3 on and need the map to get it going. will not start without the map i guess. with it hooked up it just turns over. if i unplug and put back to normal starts just fine. if anyone knows of a site and has the maps please let me know thanks.

Krandall:
For what it's worth, You do not need a fuel controller for just a slip-on and no intake. Also, if you want to make a few bucks, you could sell that slip-on and just pull the spark arrester out of the stock exhaust, there's dyno graphs to prove that a slip-on make little to no gains vs spark arrester being removed :)

I don't think you'll find a site that has only a slip-on exhaust. All of mine that I have on my site are at minimum slip-on and an intake.
May be worth looking at one of the ebay intakes. Then you could use one of the HMF slip-on maps. It won't be perfect but it'll get you close!

Peelz:

--- Quote from: Krandall on October 04, 2016, 07:18:06 AM ---For what it's worth, You do not need a fuel controller for just a slip-on and no intake. Also, if you want to make a few bucks, you could sell that slip-on and just pull the spark arrester out of the stock exhaust, there's dyno graphs to prove that a slip-on make little to no gains vs spark arrester being removed :)

I don't think you'll find a site that has only a slip-on exhaust. All of mine that I have on my site are at minimum slip-on and an intake.
May be worth looking at one of the ebay intakes. Then you could use one of the HMF slip-on maps. It won't be perfect but it'll get you close!

--- End quote ---

THIS

sparky, plastic intake, filter, pull the lid. add fuel controller, pot style. cheapest power to cost.

you don't need the PC3 for just the slip on.

bigj6996:
lost me bro

Peelz:

--- Quote from: bigj6996 on October 06, 2016, 08:11:13 AM ---lost me bro

--- End quote ---

i lose myself sometimes.  :rofl:

I was just agreeing with Krandall. Slip on needs no fuel map. I never used a PC3 personally. I only used the dobeck style controller, where you adjust fuel delivery by turning 3-4 potentiometers, in much the same way you tune a carburetor. With that, my mods were stock exhaust, spark arrestor out. plastic intake(same dimensions as aluminum ones) with K&n filter, no lid. And i kept up with a banshee that dyno'd 53hp. for a while at least. no way after 3rd gear lol byeeeeeee  :rofl:

Now, to your issue, again, only fleeting experience with PC3.... But I don't recall your problem ever happening. Non starts, or poor running were always ground or...basically, voltage problems. I have seen a bad battery do that once.

Id like to hear if your new map solves it.  :thumbs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version