Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Eton Viper  (Read 513 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Eton Viper
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:40 PM »
Well,  I promised my boy I'd get him a quad for his birthday.  And although he's only gonna be four, he's already quite accomplished on his CRF50, so on too a quad.

I'm looking for an Eton Viper in decent shape within 400 miles of Colorado Springs, Co.

Thanks,

Aaron

Offline fredyd

• Street Cred: 0
Re: Eton Viper
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:40:40 AM »
Hello Colorado:

If you plan to get him into racing have you looked into the DRR’s? I wish I had. I don’t know if you have seen the 4 stroke Eton’s run but my kid was smoking both of the vipers he ran against on his kfx90 and he wasn‘t even coming close to holding his own against the three drx‘s that ran in his class. I’m not saying the Viper isn’t a good machine. But I’ve had the opportunity to see both close up and watched them perform on the track and from what I have seen the DRR consistently outclasses the Eton in stock form. The liquid cooled model is booked at $2600. But, with a little haggling one of the guy’s I hang with at the track talked the people at G-force racing into shipping one for $2500 s/h included. I know the 90cc sounds like a lot for your little guy but if he is already putting a crf50 threw it’s paces  then non of the 50cc quads out there are going to last him that long before he starts wanting more.  Then again this might not even be an option for your kid. For one it’s a two stroke and I’m not sure of the laws in your aria. Secondly at our track they let the little guy’s and galls run 90cc but I have heard that a lot of tracks won’t.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Eton Viper
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:46:10 AM »
Just saw this on my district racing forum:
http://bb.armca.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11537&posts=1

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once