Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Learning more about us  (Read 23917 times)

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Learning more about us
« Reply #330 on: March 30, 2017, 02:42:30 PM »
peels haz question today.

do you have anything that youre inexplicably and uncontrollably afraid of?

For me, I always have this weird feeling when I'm at my parents house that someone is in the swamp always watching me when it's dark. Not sure why or where it came from. Always freaks me out when I'm up there and by myself. lol
:shrug:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: March 30, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
peels haz question today.

do you have anything that youre inexplicably and uncontrollably afraid of?

For me, I always have this weird feeling when I'm at my parents house that someone is in the swamp always watching me when it's dark. Not sure why or where it came from. Always freaks me out when I'm up there and by myself. lol
:shrug:

yikes LOL

Asked my 10 yr old this question last night...

"I always think I see someone coming in the back door"

UM. please tell me if that happens son... :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: March 30, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
:lol:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
What is special about the place you grew up?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »

feel like I covered it.

grew up in two places, really. Both special to me.

Silicon Valley, human diversity and understanding, and technology. weather!

Southeast Iowa, slow pace, simple living.  but NOT weather.  :lol:

My roots are in the former, but my branches are the latter. Actually feel lucky in this respect.

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: April 04, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »

Agreed, grew up in the country. The biggest part of me wants this for Kelvin. The feeling of "freedom" and openness. However, I also want him to have a good education in a place that's diverse in culture also.. Something that's missing in rural Mn. :)
You nailed it peelz, "My roots are in the former, but my branches are the latter". I like that a lot. Living in the city has changed a lot of my perspective. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
not much at all...

small poor dumpy area..
growing up in the 70's was cool... the friends I had were good, but the place was nothing special

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: April 04, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »

Agreed, grew up in the country. The biggest part of me wants this for Kelvin. The feeling of "freedom" and openness. However, I also want him to have a good education in a place that's diverse in culture also.. Something that's missing in rural Mn. :)
You nailed it peelz, "My roots are in the former, but my branches are the latter". I like that a lot. Living in the city has changed a lot of my perspective. :)

same with you. Want kids to know the open space, and respect for the land and those who farm it. BUT, be Accepting of other cultures as in a city.

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
not sure how "" white your areas are... but Diversity is not something we've ever had a discussion about in my world...

we have a predominately white area in my immediate circle.. like literally in this town....
3 miles away very large Laotian community (they even have their own dedicated church service... I'd like to see that... Lutheran Laotian service... that'd be interesting)
and 10 miles away VERY VERY black.. very depressed area... pretty bad...(took Peels there).. (and 40 miles away in Flint)
15 miles away, nicer black communities... thriving small businesses... churches... etc..
and Michigan has a very large Muslim population one of the highest in the nation, ....Hamtramck (I believe) is the largest Arab population .. Arab's actually a majority there...

so... "" Diversity seems to me to be a more political trigger word these days...
to most mid/southern Michiganders... it's just normal... :shrug:
I guess I see Diversity in race/color/religion as a normal thing....
even more important to me..... Diversity of opinions... it makes us evaluate our own views, and see other opinions....
being exposed to other cultures is great (and Normal in this country)... but learning how to think for yourself... that is what makes us great

theses jackass college people protesting (rioting) every speaker that doesn't agree with their views... all the while preaching tolerance and diversity ... puhleezeeee
FERK all that "group think" bullshit!
if THAT is what diversity means.. I'll pass
/rant
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:49:30 PM by Hefe »

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2017, 04:05:09 PM »
I detest group mentality.

when people cheer for no reason at political rallies(either side), it makes me want to vomit. "don't you hear yourselves?"  :rofl:

or the standing up or sitting down during the presidents speeches.. so dumb. just dumb dumb dumb.  :confused:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: April 04, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »
theses jackass college people protesting (rioting) every speaker that doesn't agree with their views... all the while preaching tolerance and diversity ... puhleezeeee
/rant

Goes two ways in that retrospect. I don't agree with what their doing but :shrug: it isn't doing anything to me other than clogging my news feed on reddit :lol:

I want for Kelvin what I haven't been able to experience up until my last few years of living really. Where I grew up. It was all German/Swedish(heavily scandinavian decent) immigrants. I come from an area that is still highly racist and very unforgiving and unwilling to accept differences. That's how I was raised and how I thought. I married a Cuban whos dad was an exile from Cuba. Not something I was raised around, being around it more and more opened my eyes to why immigration isn't a bad thing. I want Kelvin to know and share those same virtues. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #341 on: April 05, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »
/rant

Goes two ways in that retrospect. I don't agree with what their doing but :shrug: it isn't doing anything to me other than clogging my news feed on reddit :lol:

I want for Kelvin what I haven't been able to experience up until my last few years of living really. Where I grew up. It was all German/Swedish(heavily scandinavian decent) immigrants. I come from an area that is still highly racist and very unforgiving and unwilling to accept differences. That's how I was raised and how I thought. I married a Cuban whos dad was an exile from Cuba. Not something I was raised around, being around it more and more opened my eyes to why immigration isn't a bad thing. I want Kelvin to know and share those same virtues. :)

its funny, youre like a 180 degree off version of me.   :lol:

also, noted: if im ever around Randys in laws, dont bust out the scarface impressions.  :rofl:

Online Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: April 05, 2017, 08:28:29 AM »
I can't remember the last time I actually saw racism....
it was hot and heavy in the 70's ...
but actual Racism now... just so uncommon (around here anyway)

I guess... if you go walking around the hood in Saginaw..... you will be killed... eventually...
that's Racism... but it's also not something I want to see for myself   :lol:
maybe I just avoid it... :shrug:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #343 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:19 AM »
Around my parents place say a 20 minute circle around them. There's confederate flags all over. There was a black family that had moved into our town when I was in high school. They lived about 3 miles from my parents place. Little smaller trailer home. Was nice, and they kept it up. Had a nice wood privacy fence. Multiple times there was graffiti on it from people.. Painted swastikas, get out of here n*ggers.. etc. Lot of people still flyin a confederate flag up there too. It's a total different space.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:02 AM »
I can't remember the last time I actually saw racism....
it was hot and heavy in the 70's ...
but actual Racism now... just so uncommon (around here anyway)

I guess... if you go walking around the hood in Saginaw..... you will be killed... eventually...
that's Racism... but it's also not something I want to see for myself   :lol:
maybe I just avoid it... :shrug:

just drive south baby. its disturbingly obvious

sign outside harrison arkansas(home of the KKK)