Author Topic: RIPXX  (Read 359 times)

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
RIPXX
« on: August 14, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
They stole my idea again.

I was looking for a GPS mapping device that would track my movements over terrain so that I could see the courses in the GNCC and MSXC series. With a helmet cam video and the GPS data showing the course you traveled and speed including lap times it makes for a more informational analysis of the race. Also with 3-D mapping you can see changes in elevation and watch yourself take jumps and terrain.

So instead of designing or engineering one like I WAS GOING TO....

RIPXX has made a system that can give you this data and provide the terrain mapping with google maps. So you can see the course with actual terrain and all the data.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

They say it works universally, on any track, however they only have certain tracks programmed in so my only concern is:

What features still work on a track that is not pre-programmed?

Other than that, I think ill wait until 2012 then buy one, just to see if they make any improvements.

Offline disco

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 9
Re: RIPXX
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:49:13 PM »
This isn't exactly the same but I came across a website a while back that of course I now cannot find.   A guy bought an old 40's era jeep and it had, for lack of a better term, a gear driven mapping system.  It consisted of a plotter coupled with a compass and a drive cable coming from the transmission.  You start driving and it would began to plot your track.  It had an adjustable scale too I believe.  You stick a map in it, start driving and it would trace your complete course.

The guy opened it up to peek inside and said it was just a big jumble of gears and wheels.  He said he dreads the day when he has to repair the system.  Pretty cool system. 
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: RIPXX
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:18:09 AM »
Yea, this would be sweet. One of our local tracks a guy had a helmet cam on and just putted aroudn the track so people could get an idea. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once