Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Plug N' Play HID's !!  (Read 13842 times)

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
Re: Plug N' Play HID's !!
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2009, 09:41:03 AM »
Blew my right hand ballast. I will call my quad, Winky, for now.

Call the guy up, its under warranty.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »
Already on its way to Cali for replacement. Great guy to deal with. Very great on replacement.

My fault, accidently got it caught during motor install and it broke through the case. He still covered it under warranty. Not bad eh? Needs the relay though

Offline Daygoslow

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
got my hids! man ordered them fri night and they were waiting for me when i got home yesterday! man thats fast; california to tennessee in 2days!does anyone have pics of how they installed their relay? im sure i can figure it out but trying to see what is the best way to route the wires.

Offline Daygoslow

• Email
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »
nevermind figured it out on my own. damn! these lights are bright!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »
would you mind postin a few pics on how it goes? I have one being sent to me.  :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Blair

• VIP
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
sorry krandall i didnt get a chance to make it to grab the relay... you did order one?
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2009, 09:26:43 AM »
Yeah,

It's no prob man :)  :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Spider/Paleface513

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Hard2Love Easy2Hate!!! GHG go hard or go home!!!
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2009, 02:05:24 AM »
 :help: do you have hi and lows on these or just ultra bright ???
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:15:28 AM by Spider/Paleface513 »
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Offline quiksilverz71

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2009, 06:48:15 AM »
So is the relay required? I bought a set and have them at the house, but since I'm deployed I wont be able to install them till Jan. I want to make sure I have everything I need to install them when I get home.
09 Raptor 700 (Blue)
Flexx Bars/ODI Grips/AVS Levers/Quad Tech Seat
PC5/Pro Design/Barker Duals
Hiper Tech 3/ITP GNCC Tires
Pro Amor Skids/Precision Stabilizer/HIDS

06 Raptor 700 (Gray)
PC3, Pro Design Intake, ODI Grips
07 GYTR Front Shocks,AVS Levers
Pro Armor Skids/Precision Stabilizer

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »
I would suggest getting the relay. Without it, at idle you'll get a bulb that flickers.

And these are only low beam. they don't over shine really. But honestly. riding @ night you don't need anything other than these.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

• VIP
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2009, 07:49:13 AM »
Idk if they're the same ones ranger got but his are blinding in the daylight ERMAHGERD are they bright. Need some like that sometimes I'm between 2 mountains cover with trees and you can't see your hand two inches in front of you would also like a lid on bars for shen turning at night but not a big gaughty looking thing something slim but bright. Any ideas
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2009, 07:54:08 AM »
Idk if they're the same ones ranger got but his are blinding in the daylight ERMAHGERD are they bright. Need some like that sometimes I'm between 2 mountains cover with trees and you can't see your hand two inches in front of you would also like a lid on bars for shen turning at night but not a big gaughty looking thing something slim but bright. Any ideas
I'm spacing the company. There's one that makes a mount that goes on your helmet. And it's HID. I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the name of the company that makes the bar mount HIDs. :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

• VIP
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2009, 01:35:12 PM »
...... and for our Canadian friends up north they are $100US dollars shipped to your door. :clap:

A FEW WEEKS AGO THE CANADIAN LOOT WAS WORTH MORE THAN THE DOLLAR LIKE 1.05 ON A DOLLAR BUT THINK ITS IN THE HIGH 80'S NOW AGAIN

HotRods +5 coming!

Ranger

« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »

They are the same kit I got on mine, no high beam function but they are pretty fooking bright...I have them on my truck too and rarely use my high beams now...I am gonna mount some more HIDs on my handlebars like trailtechs and rig them to my high beam switch for spotlights

• VIP
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »
That's what I really want is those ones on frame. And one on the bars a thin slim one. So it turns with bars and some these hair pin curves.

HotRods +5 coming!