Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Wolverine Exhaust clearence  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Wolverine Exhaust clearence
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »
Cut from another thread to gain more info  :thumbs:

yeah i just put the wolvy all back together with the stock stuff. i don't think something is right on that pipe for it. i got the bolt holes to line up but the front mounting hole was about a 1/2" away from the frame mounting position. and the pipe was slid as far forward as it's going to go. i had to unhook the header mount from the CVT cover just to get it in there. and the pipe was touching a part of the frame. i'm sure with a little brute force i could get it bolted on but i don't want to put alot of tension on my header mounts coming out of the exhaust port. that would just piss me off to no end if i screwed that all up.

and i'm not sure if i should run it anyway because HMF doesn't send a jet kit with a pipe like everyone told me they do. so now i have to order a jet kit too.  :'(

do you guys think i should just bolt the pipe on there and leave it. you don't think there will be to much pressure on the head pipe?

heres a few pics of what it looks like.

pipe touching the frame.

and the front mount nowhere close to right.

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
Re: Wolverine Exhaust clearence
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 05:43:41 PM »
Like I said, I had quite a bit of trouble getting my HMF pipe on my wolverine...BUT, I dont remember there being a whole lot of pressure on the head pipe.....my troubles were with the mounting holes.  I had to get one bolt in (Just started, not tight) and then fight with it until I was able to get the other bolt in..then I tightened both of them up, and then tightened the clamp on the head pipe.  I have quite a few hours on mine since the instal, and not one problem yet because of it. 

Where did you buy your pipe from?  I got mine from Ebay, and it did come with a HMF 145 main jet...I also picked up a dynojet kit for the wolvy because I wasn't sure if the pipe would come with one or not...but I still have the jet somewhere in my garage, I would be more than happy to send it to you if you want. 
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Offline Warren

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:41:13 AM »
Like I said, I had quite a bit of trouble getting my HMF pipe on my wolverine...BUT, I dont remember there being a whole lot of pressure on the head pipe.....my troubles were with the mounting holes.  I had to get one bolt in (Just started, not tight) and then fight with it until I was able to get the other bolt in..then I tightened both of them up, and then tightened the clamp on the head pipe.  I have quite a few hours on mine since the instal, and not one problem yet because of it. 

Where did you buy your pipe from?  I got mine from Ebay, and it did come with a HMF 145 main jet...I also picked up a dynojet kit for the wolvy because I wasn't sure if the pipe would come with one or not...but I still have the jet somewhere in my garage, I would be more than happy to send it to you if you want. 

thanks colorado for starting this post.  :thumbs:

yeah i'm going to wait until tomorrow to see what HMF says about it. but yeah i will take that jet kit off your hands if you can find it. please let me know.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »

thanks colorado for starting this post.  :thumbs:

yeah i'm going to wait until tomorrow to see what HMF says about it. but yeah i will take that jet kit off your hands if you can find it. please let me know.  :thumbs:
Warren let me know what kind of power increase you get from the pipe. Thanks
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Offline Warren

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »
ok i have the pipe put on the cleanace issues are gone and i'm going to start a new thread with my test ride results.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Offline Langford

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »
Sorry, forgot to reply back to this.  I will get that jet sent out to you this weekend, PM me your name and addy.

Kyle
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!