Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing  (Read 15733 times)

Offline bamaquad

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Rear Axle / Front End Question for Ice racing
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »
Well, I think I've officially decided on what I'm doing for the front end, I think I'm going to run r6 shocks on the front. Instead of a lowering kit. 2 bolts and the shocks are out vs pulling the a-arms off completely. Fairly cheap investment. (like $70ish) for 2 fronts. looking into options for the rear. 8)

Put a 2 in spacer on the right front and right rear to offset it to +2 on the right side. Get the adjustable turnbucle off ebay for the rear.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 3
  • Just livin' the dream!!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »
  Krandall,
  Take a weekend and come over here.  We've got a very nice oval and road track on a lake just out of town, usually 15-25 bikes there every weekend. We also set up a drag strip.  First weekend of Feb is the big party.  I'll even put you up for the weekend.
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:10 AM »
   I bought a set of Honda 250 shocks off Ebay and they slip in the front real nice.  Lowered me about 4" and still have a little suspension.  I also made my own sway bar that works pretty well.  I flip the link on the rear suspension to drop me another few inches and call it good.  My problem is too much engine for the track, when I get on it I have a hard time holding traction.  New tires are here and I'm waiting for KK to ship the studs.  I nut every stud on the inside to hold them in tune better and it works pretty well.  I'm trying a new tire design on the front this year and am still deciding on how to stud them up,  If I load them up too much I'm afraid it'll skate.  Any opinions on that?

Sully
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »
  Oh yea,  I like the idea of spacing the right side out 2"!!  My problem is it really sucks when we jump to the road track...
06 700R with:

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »
Sully what are you running for a front tire?
My front 20" Razor MX's have 300 studs each. I liked them but it would be nice to play around with tire/stud combos 

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
  I'm going to try the Carlisle trail wolf.  Lots of meat down the center and plenty of room for studs.  I'm looking at a minimum of 182 per tire but there's lots of room for more, I'm just worried about them skating with too many studs...
06 700R with:

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »
  I ran dirt hooks last year which I love but I can't find any this year.  I also tried trimming my rears which is supposed to work better when the track gets messy but I didn't notice any difference.  I'm trying a new pattern on the rears this year so we'll see how it works.  Here's some pics of last years tires.
06 700R with:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 12:59:36 PM »
damn, I'd love to get out there this winter!!!!

I'll hit up up if I do!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »
  Open invitation!  Come on a weekend when we're playing and you can come be a rock-star with us!  :)
06 700R with:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
He would rather be a groupie.

:lol:

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 01:08:41 PM »
   His boobies aren't big enough!   :clap: :rofl:
06 700R with:

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »
This girl was in the crowd?

We're there dude.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline SULLY0556

• VIP
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 01:14:46 PM »
  That was last year.  I wasn't watching for the dude, I was enjoying the show...  :thumbs:
06 700R with:

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 02:02:30 PM »
I wasn't sure what would work so I left myself the option of adding studs. I liked they way they felt so I left them.

The rears need some shaving to be effective for passing on the outside

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 02:12:59 PM »
I think it's in Quad that has some good tips on how to stud the tires. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once