Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: 2002 raptor 660 - throttle vavle sticking when you excelerate  (Read 2869 times)

Offline pcataldo

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
2002 raptor 660 - throttle vavle sticking when you excelerate
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »
 My 02 raptor 660 - I took apart the carbs cleaned everything with wire brush and air, I was wonder can you replace the throttle value on the side of the #1 carb or must I buy a new Carb - I priced new Carbs $600 plus any recommendation would be gladly appreciated.

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
Re: 2002 raptor 660 - throttle vavle sticking when you excelerate
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »
My 02 raptor 660 - I took apart the carbs cleaned everything with wire brush and air, I was wonder can you replace the throttle value on the side of the #1 carb or must I buy a new Carb - I priced new Carbs $600 plus any recommendation would be gladly appreciated.

Care to share the problem you're having and maybe we can help you diagnose it?

If you're sure you've found the problem then just look in the OEM parts microfiche (included as part of or with the online downloadable service manual) and see if the part you want to fix is available as an individual part.

For goodness sake whatever you do don't buy new oem carbs, especially for 600 bucks.

Offline pcataldo

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »

I checked the OEM fiche & I do not see a seperate part for for thr Throttle Valve on the side of the Carb #1 next to where you connect the starter cable to to Carb #1

I am hoping I can buy just that piece ???????????????????????????????

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
I can't believe that can't be fixed. Something is stopping it from moving, it is not the valve itself. I doubt you can buy it by itself.  Find a used set of carbs being parted out, maybe?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
Have you made sure that the corresponding diaphragm is intact and is indeed creating a vacuum?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »
Have you made sure that the corresponding diaphragm is intact and is indeed creating a vacuum?

excellent point MD...as usual. :thumbs:  May not suck air.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"