Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: amsoil users  (Read 1437 times)

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
  • Street Cred: 2
    • Email
amsoil users
« on: August 11, 2008, 09:31:16 PM »
So what does everyone think of using amsoil in there 660?    Was gonna go with Yamalube, but after all the hype and good stories on Amsoil I think it has won me over.    Everyone still change oil after same amount of hours?

Gonna be stupid you better be tuff.  

Got duals ?

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: amsoil users
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:44:24 PM »
So what does everyone think of using amsoil in there 660?    Was gonna go with Yamalube, but after all the hype and good stories on Amsoil I think it has won me over.    Everyone still change oil after same amount of hours?

I put yamalube in.......and left it...and left it. Performed quite well. Clutch a lil slippy/grabby before the change. 6 months not really hard riding, but lots of high speed cruising.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Jamie700R

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:45:13 AM »
I have used amsoil in everything that i own that has an engine. Seem so work really really good. Im a believer that there is a difference between oils and amsoil is one of the best. I used the 0W-40 powersports in my 660 and now in my 700.

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:31:55 PM »
well I have had my quad lil over a year and about 20-30 hours in a year...  it is for sure time to change it.    My bike stays in the garage when not rode and it is climate controlled so not to worried about oil drawing moisture.    But it is past due.

Just looking at like 60 bucks for a oil change in the quad and it is less than that in my truck.  LOL

Need 4 qts and filter.

Got duals ?

Offline 02raptor660

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »
i run amsoil in everything.  i use the 10w30 in mine cause the film strength is crazy. it passed for 80w90( i think it was 80w90) gear lube in a 10w30. think about that when dragracing your buddy and dump the clutch. im a dealer of amsoil cause of my quad and now use it for everything.
if interested you can become a perfered customer and get a discount on your oil. if you are interested let me know and i can get you some info.
 i know your name from the other raptor forums
mike

Offline 01blur6

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
After running AMSOIL in my R6 I am a little iffy. I have heard nothing but good things about it but I probably won't run it in my stuff. After I switched back to Yamalube Gold my engine was quiter and the shifting was significantly better. However I did run it in my Rappy all last year and didn't notice any problems. I thought I would try Yamalube this time and it ran just the same. I just wish it ran good in my R6 too. Who knows???

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Well I did the amsoil...   20-50.   The local shop said it would be awesome in my bike.  This weekend will be a test on it I hope.

12bucks a quart...  nice.... ???

Got duals ?

Offline 02raptor660

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 07:27:23 AM »
2w50 is to thick for your bike. if you have already put it in then let me know when you want somemore and ill get you a better price and the right weight. if you havnt put it in yet let me know so i can get some shipped out to you.
mike

Offline racinjason68

• Wizard Of No2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 08:15:43 PM »
Already in the bike... The bike ran well..   So shoot me a price as I require 4 qts.    I was thinking it was a bit "heavy" knowing the oils strength.

Got duals ?