Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV  (Read 102554 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Off Topic Bullsh*t Thread Volume XXIV
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »
Yea, bring your post counts up or something. :bird:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

come on already, they were lighthearted jokes! And they worked  :rofl:

:krandall:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
:nazi:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2012, 12:36:53 PM »
hahaha

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
whatever, douche. $hit happens. :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1054 on: July 06, 2012, 07:54:24 AM »
Reading an article about Mac sales being up.. Some of the comments that I thought were interesting.

With a Mac! You get what you pay for! Like comparing a Fiat 500 to a Jaguar XK or a Mercedes! Macs don't get viruses for one really important thing & All updates come around automatically free of charge! My Son threw out several major brand PC's because of complete failures! He now has a Mac Pro-Book-as do I-with no problems! You get what you pay for! If you like Fiats(PC's) By all mean keep buying them! But don't smugly sit there and degrade those of us who Love Our Macs!

I bought my first Apple computer about three months ago; Michael Dell and the other Windows based computer makers and Norton anti-virus will never get another penny from me.

You know, I started on an Apple II Plus then graduated to an Apple GS. Then I used PCs for work and at home for the next twenty five years. Still use them for work. But a couple of years ago I switched to a MB Pro for personal use and it's like a weight has been lifted. I can actually tell the difference after sitting in front of the Apple for two hours versus the PC. I'll never go back. Elitist? Money waster? Sheep? Don't care.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1055 on: July 06, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »
Interesting....

seems true, Apple stuff just works, plain and simple. Its not always the "best" but it rarely fails, and there's no drama. :shrug:

Not even close to the point where I'd give up PC entirely though. Especially for work....

maybe someday though....?

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1056 on: July 06, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »
the most common "failures" I experience with PC's are Hard drives, Fans, and Capacitors, and AFAIK, Mac still uses those..
Mac Computers are not less prone to failure than PCs
the more prominant they become, the more the bad guys will write malware for them, right now the % is too low to bother with it.

the real problem is stupid people
guys like Randy and I don't get Viruses because we don't run around the internet acting like fools downloading everything we can find for free
many of my customers look at me like I am from mars when I tell them "the internet is NOT a safe place, where everything is free"
they think they can just play whatever game, or get whatever song or movie or fucking coupon, with no repercussions.
then get pissy with me when I have to charge them 50-100 bucks to fix their fuckups (best buy charges 200)
until we fix stupid people, the PC vs Mac dispute is fruitless
less than 10% of my work is "bad parts" that makes 90% caused by people doing something wrong, or just not knowing "what to do"
Mac will continue to gain Market share with their computers made of Unicorn blood and magic fairy dust, and then the bad guys will slowly add them into their development of malware.
I don't favor one over the other, as long as I can muddle thru what I HAVE to use them for, and I can play one game a week, I am happy.
and right now PC is the only choice for my needs, based on Price, availability, repairability (the closest Apple store is 2 hours away) and just general support.
who knows where we will be in the future.
I honestly believe that computers will be mostly for companies and much less home use in the very near future..
my job could be in jeopardy in the near future...maybe I will have to go back to the dealership fixing cars

Offline rappyfreak

• VIP
  • Yeepee kai ey marafaca!
    • Email
« Reply #1057 on: July 06, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
Agree with you Hefe, a coworker who swears by Mac has a Macbook for personal use. One of his Ram memory chips got burnt 1 month after purchase and 6 months later his AC adapter was toast, so they are not bullet proof. At work we have a corporate agreement with HP and we use their elitebooks as laptops and they are awesome, some trouble with a couple of keyboards but they were changed by warranty and no problems after that. For what I use PCs they just work great for me, especially with Win7 which I love.
'06 Raptor 700: Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox a/v risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms, Rap 700 SE front shocks redone by Wiig, Fox Podium X rear, DWT Drift rear and Hiper beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper/chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swinger skid

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1058 on: July 06, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »
I have thought about getting a mac solely for support purposes, lots of friends are getting them, and I can't answer their questions.

The problem I have is people who think that just buying a mac will solve all of their PC issues. Lady @ work, her PC died (hard drive crashed... 7 year old PC).. She said Ugh... I lost all my documents, I'm done with Windows. I'm going to a mac don't have to worry then..

I was like dafuk? Last time I checked.. a hard drive failure doesn't care what OS you're running.

I don't remember the last time I had a legit virus on MY pc.. It's been years though.

What people fail to understand is... When your a script kiddie writing malware/viruses. You're not going to write them for just anything. You want a bang for the buck type software.. PC has the market, so that's what you go after.... When a virus comes out. Microsoft then has to patch. There's not a lot of security patching in Mac OS because until recently, they haven't been a big target. I promise you, give it 1-2 years. And we'll start hearing about malware and viruses being more prevalent on the Mac OS.
Apple makes beautiful devices. I can admit it, but really, that's all it is to me.. a nice over priced box. I'll argue that until the end of time. I've played around w/ the OS it's nice. It's different and just something I need to spend time with.

I don't know if we'll ever see Apple making it into the corporate world. Maybe? If I was to guess, at minimum right now, it'd probably be 10-20 years out still. Their OS isn't made for the corporate world. I feel their OS is made for the basic to below average user. It's highly polished and looks nice. But not a lot of customization, which is the control that Apple wants. They want a common look/feel for all their devices which is why with their new OS coming out this fall. They are really pushing to meld together iOS and OS-X. To get that common look/feel from all devices. A seamless experience no matter what you're using. Smart move on their part, but at the same time could really hold them back if in their future they want to enter the corporate market.

:)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1059 on: July 06, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
well said!

I love that in my phone... don't want that in a PC

truth be known.. there are some GREAT Linux distro's out there.. and if I could, I would run one of those!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1060 on: July 06, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
hefe:

"the internet is NOT a safe place, where everything is free"

:( you just ruined it for me.

JACKASS

:rofl:

and +1 I want different things outta my phone than I do a PC.....  :thumbs:

Our art/prepress area uses the HELL outta macs. they are good for that.   :thumbs: But some things, they are not as good for...personalization(data processing) being one of them.

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1062 on: July 07, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1063 on: July 07, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »
:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #1064 on: July 08, 2012, 05:05:16 AM »
Raptor source staff party. Gunz, C7R, Peels, and Krandall