Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: We ran our first motocross Sunday.  (Read 1179 times)

Offline fredyd

• Street Cred: 0
We ran our first motocross Sunday.
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »
I took a dump in practice over a badly built “table-top” that sent three other guys to the hospital and ate about ten other machines before they fixed it and cracked or bruised a rib. I don’t have anyone to blame but myself for that though. I was using a borrowed chest protector that was a little to big for me and wouldn’t pull tight enough to stay down around my ribs. I toughed it out and still finished  4th over all in the open class. I didn’t think that was to bad seeing I was running the rappy stock and I was up against some seriously built 450’s. Not to mention landings suck with a banged up rib. I found out after registration ended that I should have run in the 450 novice class. The lady who signed me up didn’t know shit about quads and when I said I was running a 700 she put me in the open class. The boy finished 5th in the pee-wee 90cc quad class and his friend pulled a 2nd place finish in the pee-wee 90cc 4stroke and 50cc 2strokes bike class. They where also running fully stock machines so we are pretty proud of our little guys after seeing what some of the other kids where running. Our camera is a piece of crap that takes a second or two to take the picture after you push the button so most of the pics we got  aren’t to good I’ll have to go threw them when I get some time and see if any are worth posting. All thing considered we still had a hell of a time and this will not be our last race.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: We ran our first motocross Sunday.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:39:30 AM »
Glad to hear you had a great time!

Grats on the 4th over all and grats to your boys! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline BRAD

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Constant Victim of Grammar Ninja
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »
congrats man. and goodluck with healing up soon. now mod the raptor some and head back out there
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »
yea the ribs definitley suck but at least you all had a good time. :thumbs:

Offline fredyd

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 07:51:29 AM »
Thanks guy’s for the congrats and concern. The ribs are starting to feel a little better but I think it will be a couple of weeks before I‘m back up to par. The rappy could use a few mods but my main concern right now is getting the kid competitive. We really didn’t have racing in mind when we bought him the KFX90. There really isn’t a lot of performance mods out for the four stroke mini’s right now. I did find him a FMF pipe but K&N doesn’t have a filter listed for his machine. So I’m going to a local shop this weekend to match him up with a filter. I’m still having a hard time finding a clutch  and carb kit for it that I know will match up. So if any of you guy’s know anything about modding these four stroke mini’s any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
fredyd - Now your hooked on Racing (good bye wallet)
Congrats on the finish  :thumbs:

Offline fredyd

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:11:51 AM »
fredyd - Now your hooked on Racing (good bye wallet)
Congrats on the finish  :thumbs:

Oh ya. We got it bad now. ::) It seems like after you hit a real track nothing else cuts it. Even mama bear is getting into it. When we first got him the quad and I took the restrictors off she was like thats to fast for him. Now that she actually saw him ride and what he was up against she’s like what can we do to get his bike faster. Heck she even gave me the OK to get a dozer in for the day to do some work on our practice track.

Offline Bert

• Street Cred: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »
If mama's happy your Golden  :thumbs:

Post up some pics of your track if you don't mind

Offline FoundArealQuad

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 5
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
Good stuff :thumbs:
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover