Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Do raptors like hill climbs?  (Read 824 times)

Offline scubasteve

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Do raptors like hill climbs?
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
Just wondering, cause mine doesn't. My 660 likes to shut off when I climb certain hills. (ski slopes). It starts cutting out and when I get to the peak it shuts off. Like im so far straight up and down that its not getting any gas or something. Any ideas or anyone experience this? Thanks.

Just concerned since it shut off in the middle of a ski slope last night :(
2001 Raptor 660 - Big gun slip on, K&N filter, Dynojet, White Bros. Nerfs, Blingstar Iron cross Bumper, Fresh top end.

Needs, Swingarm bearings, front hub bearings, steering stem bearings, clutch, chain, and sprockets. :)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Do raptors like hill climbs?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »
I think so. One of my friends w/ a 660 did hill climbs with his. Never had any issue. could it be float level? That once you start getting past a certain spot, it starts starving itself?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Do raptors like hill climbs?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:34:36 AM »
look on here for the "clear tube method" where you align your floats to get the most gas in the bowl you can. 660 is sort of known for this. Low gas in the bowl, when you tilt back, jets come out of the gas if it sloshes around. (don't miss those carbs) :lol:

I had an almost really bad wreck because of this happening. I let off 3/4 of the way up a huge hill, got back on it...nothing. SLid all the way back down and rolled. Very Lucky guy!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"