Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Paddle tire sugestion  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
Re: Paddle tire sugestion
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
difference of opinion, and experience.

my argument: performance as seen from a cost, vs use perspective.

I ride very little, do not like spending tons on it for that reason.

not: is it the absolute best tire??....for that, my point is useless.

and for some reason, I though devious lived in Pennsylvania. Dont ask me why :rofl:

:rofl: that's funny shit....

and like i said, your tires work great for you, seen it first hand ;)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »
Yep the whole basis of my argument was based on thinking he was only going to oregon for a trip. ;) and for that, I have a valid point of view....

Ill take my koolaid now :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 12:01:11 PM »
Yep the whole basis of my argument was based on thinking he was only going to oregon for a trip. ;) and for that, I have a valid point of view....

Ill take my koolaid now :lol:

Mr. Ceresh prepare it special for you :rofl:

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 4
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
20's will get you around just fine in most cases, and are much cheaper

A 400ex will get you around just fine in most cases as well, and again - much cheaper.

But you bought a Raptor, not a 400ex. Why ? It costs more, but it's better. You put a Sparks pipe on it, why not an Yosh ? It costs more, but it's much better. NO REASON to go with 20's at that point IMO. They cost less, but they perform less well. Why get the best of everything then take away all that potential with a pair of 20" tires ?

That's like buying a Turbo Busa and putting a governor on it is the way I see it.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 24
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »
I'm talking about the proper application of a tire for it's intended use.

For this member, and his intended use in tree shots the 22" is a better choice.

But to say that a 20" skat is fundamentally inferior to a 22" skat and its only benefit is a lower cost (which depends a lot more on paddle count than carcass size) is not something I can agree with.  A 20" paddle is not a lesser quality or performing tire by virtue of it's size in all applications.  Bigger and more expensive is not always better.

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 02:26:03 PM »
I don't disagree. Application and intended use are more important than anything.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline devious700rSE

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »
I have been off the fourms a while just caught up on the thread and by no means did i want to cause any arguments... with that said I bought 21x7x8 9 paddle extremes for the trip to raptor rally in winchester and my stator went out on DAY1  :mad: :mad: but what do you do and i love the tires for the 1/2 hour i got to use them 1 trip up banshee hill and thats it :lol: so if anyone is down we will be planning another trip in july or august to go again if anyone is interested let me know and thank you to everyone that helped in my decision all i need now is a new sproket 
07 Rappy 700rSE intake and sparks racing exhaust

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »
No arguments here, just good discussion. Glad you're happy with your tire choice

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 08:00:14 PM »
Glad to hear you liked what you bought.

This is a common topic, and I'm sure this thread will be read by others looking for input.  Hopefully the discussion helps them as well.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
these so called arguments are why forums are here. Multiple points of view on same subject. We all learn something...or we just keep being cheapskates just like me. :lol:

Sucks a$$ your bike died!!!  :mad:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
Exactly! I learned than when/if I ever go to ride anywhere east of the Rockies in the sand: all I need to bring is some girly paddles :rofl:
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »
Exactly! I learned than when/if I ever go to ride anywhere east of the Rockies in the sand: all I need to bring is some girly paddles :rofl:

:bird:

nobody said the molded 20" paddles are the best...just that they'll do in a pinch.

jeesh. forum people...can't live with em, can't ban em.  :rofl:

Offline crisco

• Street Cred: 0
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »
so if anyone is down we will be planning another trip in july or august to go again if anyone is interested let me know and thank you to everyone that helped in my decision all i need now is a new sproket 

I missed the rally because the guy that built my swingarm is a  :homo: Im still pissed about it so if anyone is planning on getting together to ride winchester im down.
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, Barker RHC14, RE 14:1, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable ignition, evac valve, 22" Haulers

Offline Segkast

• VIP
  • Hola Bitcholas !
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »
LOL sorry Peelsy, I couldn't help it :)
Oury grips & Yamalube

Offline Mad Dog

• Grand Masta Sexy
  • VIP
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
This statement:
I don't disagree. Application and intended use are more important than anything.

Seems to be in direct contradiction to this one:
NO REASON to go with 20's at that point IMO. They cost less, but they perform less well. Why get the best of everything then take away all that potential with a pair of 20" tires ?

You say there's no reason to have 20" tires, so either you were only speaking to this one member and this one situation or you mean that every conceivable application or intended use for a Raptor in the sand results in 22" paddles performing better than 20".  The latter is what I was disagreeing with.  

Peels I am willing to say there are scenarios where I'd recommend a 20" molded paddle over a 22" bologna tire.  Then again I'm often at odds with those in the mountain and pacific time zones as our experiences vary greatly.