Product Biz > Product Reviews

Streamline Hydraulic Clutch....My Review

(1/3) > >>

TechQuadShop:
I got one of these kits in a while ago to do some testing on.  The older style I actually tested came with an ASV lever instead of an ARC.  I think there was some difficulty between the two manufacturers so Streamline decided to swap and put the ARC on all of their new kits.  The ARC is an unbreakable style as well.  Really the only difference I can tell between the quality of the levers is the ASV is shiny and the ARC is a matte black.

I was real excited to hopefully find a solution to the troublesome YFZ450 OEM clutch lever setup on my mx bike (yamaha uses the same style setup on the Raptor as well)

Streamline claims that the clutch will reduce the pull and arm pump by 30%.  From my findings this is a very honest claim.  With the streamline setup installed the clutch pull is drastically reduced.  I really hate how on oem clutches you have to pull the lever all the way to the grip to get it to disengage.  NOT ANYMORE!

The kit really is great for trail riders, mx setup, and im sure it will be great for drag as well.  You can expect less hand cramping, short clutch pull, easier clutch pull, and a sweet unbreakable lever after install.  For drag racers the shorter clutch pull will equal faster shifts.

The install on the unit was cake.  It literally only takes 3 bolts to get it on.  The most time consuming part is bleeding the new line.  Everything fit perfectly.

Here are some pictures of the current kits.  Price retails about $220.  I have them on promo for $199

If your interested you can pick it up here

http://tqsatv.com/proddetail.php?prod=Streamline-Hydraulic-Clutch-Kit

Gunz:
Only bad thing about this is we are all rock'n the ASV's.... If I can swap my ASV over to it, now that would rock.

Alkire193:
Im very interested, I was thinking of doing this but didnt know if it was even worth it compared to cable. What about the let out on a gradual start, where you only let the clutch part way out. On car hyd clutches the pedal feel is garbage. How smooth would a gradual let out on this hyd clutch be?

Gunz:
On the hydro clutch it's either in or out, there is no lag, mush, or any of that and the pull is super light. They are super sweet.

TechQuadShop:
If your a hardcore hill climber and like to feather the clutch then this mod is probably not for you.  There is no riding the clutch with these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version