Product Biz > Product Reviews

OMI Steering Stem Mount

(1/3) > >>

bustedplastic:
Hello all,

I just finished putting on my OMI Greaseable Steering Stem Mount.

Just thought I would share a few things.

Install:  It is a pain in the ass, but not because of the part, but because of what you have to remove to replace the part.  Front plastics and gas tank all have to be removed, but after you install the new part, you shouldnt have to go through this for quite a while.  Install is no more difficult than replacing/regreasing the original one.  It does use the stock mounting hardware, but it all fit perfectly. :thumbs:

Product:  The actual product is much more robust than the stock parts. It covers more of the stem, the O-ring seals fit very tight, and overall the unit fits very tight.  After install, the steering feels smooth and there is definitely no play or anything.  This will definitely make regreasing easier! 

Thanks for the Group Buy opportunity RS and OMI!

This is my dirty quad with dirty parts everywhere.  I run through ALOT of water and mud. 

The stock parts, nice and worn (I replaced this part early 2008 and regreased after every long weekend trip).

The stem after i cleaned the crap off.

Simple Packaging, instructions included.

After install, I greased it prior to installing, but I just tried greasing it anyways, works great!

Out Back Welding:
awesome job! cant wait till mine gets here :thumbs:

Warren:
how easy is it to get to with the grease gun after everything is back together? could you get a pic of that?

bustedplastic:

--- Quote from: warren on March 04, 2009, 08:44:46 PM ---how easy is it to get to with the grease gun after everything is back together? could you get a pic of that?

--- End quote ---

i havent reinstalled the plastics yet, but i did just set them on and it looks like at the most you will have to take your front grill off (2 allens) and youll be able to pop it right on...  If i get it back together soon ill snap a picture of it...

machelis:
Nice write up. I can't wait for mine to get here. Probably mid next week  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version