Ice racing / Ice riding. Post up pics and ideas

Started by SULLY0556, January 04, 2010, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SULLY0556

06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

We had warm weather and rain from Sunday till Tuesday and then it got cold so the deep grooves in the corners all filled in and froze over.  She's like glass now!!   Here's a cell-phone pic from Wed of one of the corners.  The groove was about 8" deep to start with.    :thumbs:
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

Next weekend is our second annual "Badwater Nationals".  Trophies for fastest bike, fastest quad, and best crash/recovery.  All scores based on best lap times (best of 3 laps).  1.1 mile road track with speeds reaching the high 60's.    Contact me for details and directions.    :thumbs:
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

Well we ran the big track Saturday. 1.5 miles and all 4th and 5th gear, it's freaking AWESOME!   75 mph (GPS) max speed and some big sweeping corners at 65mph.  The fastest bike out there was a KTM 610 who maxed at 85 on the GPS and is ffaasstt!!   I was having a blast and running very well until I got into a long (1/8 mile sweeper) corner doing 60+ with a tight bend at the end, just as I was hitting the bend my engine locked up tight and the back wheels lost traction.  Things got a little iffy real quick but I caught the clutch and took the bank straight on so l didn't flip.  Can't say as much for my engine.   :(  Here's some pics from yesterday.
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

Badwater Nationals were a success yet again.  :thumbs:   No bad crashes and everyone had a good time.  My Rappy ran well after a stressful week and if I were smarter I would have had the best time. (long story).  :mad:

Back to the bigger track this weekend.   :thumbs:  The invite is still open for anyone to come over and ride for a weekend!!
06 700R with:

Bert

Sully how did the season finish for you? Good times  were had

SULLY0556

The season was great but short this year.   We were hoping to ride last weekend but it was in the high 50's so now my bike is 1/2 torn apart and the engine will be out tonight for a teardown.   New ice tires this summer with a few twists....  All my other mods worked perfectly this winter so I'm a happy camper.  :)   :thumbs:

Now it's time to give her a re-make into a summer sled.   :nod:
06 700R with:

Krandall

motor tear down.. You doing just a basic tune up on it or whats being done now?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

SULLY0556

I toasted my crank mid-winter, after putting it back together I had an issue with 5th gear popping in and out so she's coming apart to fix that.  I ran the last month with only 4 gears which was ok for small tracks but she would only top out at 73.   She may find a few other new parts in the process...... ;)
06 700R with:

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

SULLY0556

I need a couple of rims for setting up ice tires,  they can be old and even broken since they'll never be mounted on a bike but I need either beadlock or HiPer rims because we mount and dismount them multiple times durring the set-up.  They can leak a little but should hold air for at least a few hours, I can repair cracks if needed.....
    I need standard size fronts and 9" rears (any bolt pattern)  so if you know anyone with a trashed set, let me know.  I need at least one of each.   :thumbs:
06 700R with: