idle help

Started by shookie, August 19, 2009, 09:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shookie

So my new exhaust is sick. But i have the idle set and 1600-1700rpm and it will die when i start it. So today i looked at my map and on 0% throttle the number was 0 1750 and on  1500 it was 8. This is my new map. My old one was zero all they way on 0% throttle. So my question is should i be running a lower idle or should i put a 8 on 1750? i think i have been running to lean at idle.
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

1badazz_700r

8 seems like an awful lot of fuel at idle. mine is at 2 and works perfect. although every quad is different, so just play with the numbers a bit. also with the pc5 make sure you run it good for a few days before you accept thetrims :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

DL700

ive seen anywhere from -5 to 18 for idle range

i normally set 1k up thru 2250 the same..... for consistent starts and sustained idle////////the rest of your map needs ALOT of work IMO
CUERVO RACING

DL700

pick a column and play your lottery numbers :rofl:
CUERVO RACING

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

DL700

never know, he may get lucky... i got dibbs on the 40% column  ;)
CUERVO RACING

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shookie

Ya its not running to full potential. I need to get a dyno tune, but a lil short on cash atm. Im going to mess with it and see what happens i guess. :help:
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own