My New Key Holder

Started by Blair, June 25, 2009, 11:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

so i have been sick of having my key zip tied to the brake line so i decided to do something about it...

my school was throwing out some old traffic signs so i hijacked a few out of hte dumpster

broke out the bandsaw, drill press and some files and spent a couple of hours....

this is version 1... the next one i make will be better yet...

all i had to buy was 4 bolts that were longer than the ones that came with my fat bar mounts, and 4 nuts... total cost of the project... $2.73

and a few beers too...

(shitty pictures off the phone)

i have noticed a few minor changes that i want to make already... but that will have to wait... untill after riding this week...

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

r00st

2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Krandall

Love the home built mods!!! Great work man!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Alkire193

Holy crap, I just did that 2 weeks ago, same thing cept its more of a triangle shape. Nice job!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Gunz

The auto parts store sell door jam protectors in chrome and black that should go over that edge for a cleaner look. Looks good. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Danny T

nice job there, i was not creative enough and went and bought the DR D reverse relocator and put the key where the reverse was. would have rather had it your style... nice work

Blair

thanks guys... it actually seems to work really well... i kinda want to make another but bend it up before it goes out.. i think that it would help to take some stress off the wires... not that there is any but they move alot when i turn...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -