1st Rappy Wipeout

Started by Oilfield_Mafia, February 08, 2009, 12:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oilfield_Mafia

Well, I am in the official "I've wiped out on a Raptor Club" :lol: me and the kids were riding today, as usual.. Well kinda doing a follow the leader thing, and I was in the back of the pack. The kids went up on the pond dam and rode around to drop off the backside, and I thought to myself "I'll show the kids how cool ole Dad is, by going up the steep side of the dam sidewayz." Of course this is on the water side. My plans were to get enough speed to ride around the inside of the pond's bowl.. Sounds good right? Well apparently 3rd gear is NOT fast enough.

I take off in 2nd, grab 3rd, punch it, and the front comes up as usual. So I let off, just enough to get the frontend to touch back down. Now Im not going fast enough. I make it about 1/2 way around the bowl, and still, not carrying enough speed. Wouldnt ya know it, now Im showing the kids how to roll over safely.. :lol:

So Luckily the pond water broke my fall, and suddenly I realize that the Rappy is coming down the hill to me.. SWEET! SWIM! lol

Carnage is minimal. Including a bend bumper mount, and completely useless clutch handle.

Anyone have any suggestions as to bending back the bumper mount?

here is the nice stock clutch handle after about 3 rollovers back to back..

Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Danny T

time for the ASV holiday pack!

As far as the bumper mount, i would heat it up real good and try to bend it back. That really isnt bad i would leave it mine were crush and i bent them back and its still worse then yours lol.

Glad your safe

Peelz

:lol:  clutch looks alarmingly familiar. Now go do some wheelis and smash that grab bar...and we are even. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

fire raptor

I bent the crap out of both my bumper mounts. I bent them back straight with pliers and a brass mallet then had the welds redone. I went auto parts bought some matching silver paint and was good to go. Also had to buy a new front bumper.

Oilfield_Mafia

Well, I used a pair of Channel Locks, and got the bumper mounts straightened back up now, looks normal again. But there is no help for the clutch handle.. Maybe I can pick up a set in the next week or so..  :mad:

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Warren

well glad to hear you are ok. it sucks when you try showing off and it blows up in your face. lol. i can't image what it's like in front of your family.  :help:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Oilfield_Mafia

:lol: well two of the kids were freakin out kinda.. like "DAD!!! ARE YOU OKAY?" and the youngest one was like "DUDE! DAD! You gotta try that again cause that woulda been really cool if you went all the way around!"

:lol:

Im glad the wife wasnt there.. cause she would freaked out.. but she still found out and grounded me for the day..

FoundArealQuad

DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

NaturalRaptor

Glad you are ok, but it is kinda cold for a swim!  :boat:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Flynbyu

Ouch.

Looks like a ten speed brake lever now!

Those mounts on the bumper suck. Very weak metal. Glad you're okay!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Colorado700R

Quote from: Flynbyu on February 09, 2009, 09:44:59 AM
Ouch.

Looks like a ten speed brake lever now!

Those mounts on the bumper suck. Very weak metal. Glad you're okay!

~Brian

I'll take bent bumper mounts over a tweaked frame anyday! 

Been there done that OM, glad you're ok  :thumbs:

Bert

Will the clutch lever bend back?
At least until you get a replacement...

Out Back Welding

nice wipeout :thumbs:

i cant remember the last time i took out the rappy and didnt atleast wipe once.  :lol:

Leanfactor

Wow, my clutch looked just like that after I rolled mine.  Now go get the ASV holiday pack!  You won't be sorry.
2008 Raptor 700R
        DRD Slip-on
        AFI Intake
        Powercommander V
2008 Honda TRX700XX - Stock
2008 Raptor 80

AMSOIL in all engines!!

Need Amsoil or have any questions, PM me any time!