my new black barkers. (EDIT: some issues i need help with in the OP)

Started by Warren, October 22, 2008, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

i got my new black powder coated barkers tonight.  :clap: i put them on but, i havn't started it up yet. i have to take off the left side tie back the wires and put some heat tape on them. and i have to change my map in my PC III but anyway here are the pics.

yes i know i should have cleaned my raptor before putting the new exhaust on.  :P

i think the one on the left is twisted down alittle bit. but like i said i have to take it back off anyway. i'll try to twist it around and get it back right when i put it back on.

what do you guys think. sorry the pics aren't all that great.

BIG thanks to Tim Barker. for putting up with my calling and questioning and everything. :thumbs: Thanks Man!!!!!

EDIT: ok here are my issues i need help with on my barkers.

1)  i noticed that at a certain RPM the right spring vibrates like crazy and rattles into the pipes. and the right spring vibrates alittle too. it's a pretty high RPM that it does it. i'm just wondering if maybe i could do anything about this?

2) the right side head pipe is really close to my frame. i'm just wondering if there is anyway to make it not so close. could i possibily loosen up the header mount and try to twist it or is this just where they sit?

here's a few pics of what i'm talking about.

3) my right side rear heat shield is rubbing the frame just infront of it. is there anything to do about this?

here's a pic of that.

could anyone help me out here?

:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Danny T

simply amazing. im loving it.can't wait to get a set of my own (far future lol)

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

exentix

clean 'er up and that will look REALLY REALLY good  :thumbs:

rutcutter

What is the big interest in BLACK everything. I guess I am old school I like polished and shiney.
08 Grey 700R
Web 4 Cam
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ign. custom curve
Kenny's +3 Throttle body
Kenny's evac valve
FCI intake
Barker dual exhaust
Racers Edge12:1 piston
Racers Edge CNC porting
Ferrea +2 intake and exhaust valves
Kibble White valve springs
Hot Rod +5 stroker crank

Peelz

Quote from: rutcutter on October 22, 2008, 08:18:31 PM
What is the big interest in BLACK everything. I guess I am old school I like polished and shiney.

We hit alot of mud. Black doesn't look as bad as chrome in the mud :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

BRAD

2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires

Warren

Quote from: rutcutter on October 22, 2008, 08:18:31 PM

my favorite color is black for any kind of vehcile. well any dark colors on my rides really.  :nana:

thanks for the comments guys. my buddy that is buying my hmf is supposed to bring his laptop over to my house this weekend i'll be putting the new map on in the PCIII and firing her up. i can't wait.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

zx10r203

Looks great!!  I want a set now!!!!

Sandeater

Looks good man  :thumbs: I would suggest coating the header and mid pipe also with ceramic coat or heat tape  because they will turn blue, purple, etc after running for 5 minutes.....if you are going for a full black look  ;)  They don't stay shiny like that for very long  :(
My Sand Only Queen
Currently being rebuilt
2006 RE 778
Slingshot Lockup
+6 SLC Ladder Swingarm
Paint by JK Customs

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

socalrappy700

NICE!   :jaw:  I say get the pipes black too.  Thats going to look hot!
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

NaturalRaptor

Those are sweet!  :thumbs: If you are going to coat them look into Jet Hot Coating they are very good.
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Krandall

Freakin Sexy Warrren.. So.. I'm stealing Ryan's billet mounts. You better keep an eye on your cans the next time I see you. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

Quote from: Krandall on October 23, 2008, 08:07:05 AM
Freakin Sexy Warrren.. So.. I'm stealing Ryan's billet mounts. You better keep an eye on your cans the next time I see you. :lol:

:nun: :nun: :nun:

Quote from: Sandeater on October 22, 2008, 10:38:41 PM
Looks good man  :thumbs: I would suggest coating the header and mid pipe also with ceramic coat or heat tape  because they will turn blue, purple, etc after running for 5 minutes.....if you are going for a full black look  ;)  They don't stay shiny like that for very long  :(

honestly i like the look of heat marks on the stainless steel. i'm just going to leave the head/mid pipe untouched.
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB